Spuer Monza - Won't be long now?...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
david
Playstation gamer tag: darkbretta

With some photoshop contrast, it appears to have boost port.....

drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

david wrote:With some photoshop contrast, it appears to have boost port.....

Good effort, well spotted.

Kit looks cracking.

When is it out?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

There will be a reason why Charlie did not fit short studs both sides.In fact the answer is pretty obvious tbh. Also re warping, I would hold fire until the kit is released- he would have of course tested and tested that. And looked for a solution. This is not a race motor. This is not a 'no-holds barred' attempt at producing a race kit. This is a road kit designed to be bolted on to the exsisting chassis.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

IMHO if Charlie devloped it then there's very little that anyone else could do to improve it for road use. He's fanatical and he gets results.
Powolotti
Dealer

I know it is designed as a road kit, but with all the features available it could be much more then this. To be honest, how many more road cylinders do we really need? Monza 200, Monza 225, RB22, RB25, Mugello 200, Mugello 225, Rapido 200, 225, 250, Broadies RT in various cc´s, Richard Taylor´s 225 kit(?), various indian lumps in alloy or steel and this is only for the big casings.
The effort making the kit plug and play is a very good way and in this form I believe it will be the most powerful kit available, still there are swings and roundabouts, that is the only thing I said.
ALL cylinders warp within their length and some things make them warp more like closed studbores close to the cylinderwall, uneven tightening, overtightening etc. Not forgetting heat :D So what i might have not translated into english correctly, I don´t say it seizes every 10 miles :oops:

Using 4 short studs is possible, i did it.
meet me on Facebook: Michael Powolotti

some of my tuning work:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Powolotti ... 6938811863

my club:
http://www.wiener-spitzbuam.at
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Well my first impression of this kit is we can never really have enough kits the more the better IMO. This will be a monster

I like the Inlet bridge this is what I am doing with an RB barrel as seen on some pics on here, with me opening up the inlet
taking out boost finger, so to be able to weld bridge in. Thing is now MMMMMM do I bother and wait for kit :roll:

Nar more fun to play me self :D

Sounds like the Exhaust has been thought about getting as much area as pos by using the area where studs go Brilliant 8-)
Its always been a major problem on Lamy barrels the barrel stud spacings.

Look at RB20 why didnt AF not put in exhaust boosts ;) Well simple not enough room on a small case stud spacings.

As for inlet boost port angle & timing looks good to me Ive always altered my TS and RB's from the std as explained on here

I can't wait to see hold and play with one of these :twisted:

Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
tony

What I can say is that this barrel is not cast in the usual stuff. I can say it was exstensively tested for warping and designed with that in mind. I dont think this will be an issue and banana shaped super monzas will not be a talking point. Why did he not fit 4 short studs then?!!If Charlie had the idea to fit two short studs one side, he must have a very valid reason to not do it to the other me thinks. Leave that one open to discussion.... ;)
And I will state again. This is a very powerful road kit taking into account crankshaft technology, piston technology etc and whats acceptable for road use with road use style maintenance and not a strip down every week. It has enough port area/reed area to deliver reliable power using this technology.
lifes a drag

i think if Charlie Edmonds has had a hand in this you can be sure it will blow the pants off anything ells out there that is simply bolt on and go , i think him and tino have taken lambrettas into a diferent league now
J1MS

I like the bridged Inlet as it gives stability to the piston, while still having what looks like a wide exhaust port and a large Inlet without the tendancy for the piston to angle itself crown into the exhaust port, skirt into the inlet as tends to happen on heavily ported engines, this usually gives the boost ported piston more reliability....

IF the metallurgy (metallic structure of the barrel) is right, warping shouldnt be a problem....even with the two long and two short studs...

I will be taking alook at one of these when they are released.... But up to now Tino seems to have produced Quality rather than quantity, and with Mr Edmonds expertise I'm sure this will continue....

IMO the more Barrel kits the better.... 8-) 8-)
tony

Out of curiousity fellas what is the output of say a bolt on ts1, rb22, rb25 (with any pipe carb etc). I mean also at back wheel as some dynos read at crank ( eg . jerry's at readspeed ). What are realistic figures. I tend to take the PT or Jb dynos as my 'benchmark' and I know that these dynos are realistic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information