Spuer Monza - Won't be long now?...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
DMC

Special X wrote:IMHO if Charlie devloped it then there's very little that anyone else could do to improve it for road use. He's fanatical and he gets results.
Well we all might as well hang our hats up and throw our grinders in the bin. :roll: :roll:
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

If you can better Charlies work I'd love you to tune my barrels for me.

Just saying you cannot beat someone who is as knowledgable as Charlie and is willing to spend countless hours doing a tiny tweek here and using the dyno to check it. Then a little bit there . . . and using the dyno to check it . . . . . . . . . and on and on until he can't improve it any more. The supermaonza may be expensive initially, but by the time you've got someone to give you a torquey . . . and reliable RB with as much power as the supermonza it's going to be fecking expensive.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

I agree with everything you say Spesh, except for the intimation that now Charlie has entered the commercial market, we might as well give up tuning and just bolt on a SuperMonza. Should we carry the same logic through and just hand Charlie the 2009 race championship now and race for second place instead?

Charlie's work sets new boundaries, but his efforts should only improve the breed. It should be a challenge thrown down to others to learn better tuning theory, apply it and prove it.

Don't give up guys: there is still much work to be done.
Martin
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Martin is right. We learn from others. People will be tuning Super Monzas in the near future!
What Special X is saying is that he realises as I do Charlie is really approaching tuning from a different direction. I realised after one day measuring and checking my falc motor-to-be that here was someone on a much much higher plane than me. I'd never seen anything like it.
I have to admit I rolled my eyes when I heard how advanced he was about 5 years ago. Now as a good friend of mine I actually feel guilty (and a little stupid) even thinking of rolling my eyes. :(
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information