MB gear selector spring

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
DJB
Dealer

sean brady scooters wrote:surely the stronger springs do what they are supposed to do and that is to help prevent gears jumping out ,and to provide a better /more positive selection.

although they may seem somewhat difficult at first,time and use will tame these.... :D
And tennis elbow :lol: I have never had a scooter jump out gear, well maybe a vespa.
Ian Hepworth

From Mark:

Lets put it this way, I could, if I really wanted, go from 1st to 4th or 5th in one go on my engines and both are fitted with a MB selector spring. I can also pull my clutch levers in with one finger if I want.
We had one racer bring his newly built custom looking race bike for dynoing, after 5 attempts to find 3rd gear and a chipped 2nd gear, we routed his nylon cables whilst he watched how to do it correctly, then suddenly we could dyno all day long and find the gear we wanted!

I suggest you all go back to basics and learn to set cables and linkages up correctly instead of blaming a £1.80 spring of which will stop kangaroo jumping gears even on worn gears! Certainly cheaper than a new gearbox!
DJB
Dealer

Ian Hepworth wrote:From Mark:

Lets put it this way, I could, if I really wanted, go from 1st to 4th or 5th in one go on my engines and both are fitted with a MB selector spring. I can also pull my clutch levers in with one finger if I want.
We had one racer bring his newly built custom looking race bike for dynoing, after 5 attempts to find 3rd gear and a chipped 2nd gear, we routed his nylon cables whilst he watched how to do it correctly, then suddenly we could dyno all day long and find the gear we wanted!

I suggest you all go back to basics and learn to set cables and linkages up correctly instead of blaming a £1.80 spring of which will stop kangaroo jumping gears even on worn gears! Certainly cheaper than a new gearbox!
Does Mark sleep with you :shock:
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i,ve had quite a few (indeed lots) of "indian "new engines suffer from the jumping out of gear prob...
and thats just std ones
imagine how worse that is ,when they are tuned....?

its just now one of those many things that i change and uprate now as a matter of course .
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
RICSPEED

:lol:
i woke mark up early one saturday when i tryed to call the shop as i think he had call divert ........he did sound grumpy :lol:
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

RICSPEED wrote::lol:
i woke mark up early one saturday when i tryed to call the shop as i think he had call divert ........he did sound grumpy :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
DJB
Dealer

sean brady scooters wrote:i,ve had quite a few (indeed lots) of "indian "new engines suffer from the jumping out of gear prob...
and thats just std ones
imagine how worse that is ,when they are tuned....?

its just now one of those many things that i change and uprate now as a matter of course .
But most things from india are shimed with kingfisher cans and chip fat as gearbox oil :lol:
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

All I can say is the springs can be harder to change gear but as Mark/ ian (sleeping partner) :lol: says a lot is to do with the nylon line and routing.

The main basterd thing is getting the Fin balls in without them twanging all over the place :x

Ps Im not in bed with Broady :D
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
sean brady scooters
Dealer

and they do of course loosen off with use ,although they may seem to strong at first... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
teamsequipe
Main scooter: GP200E Ron Moss Supertuned !

DJB wrote:
Ian Hepworth wrote:From Mark:

Does Mark sleep with you :shock:
Only when he wants his accounts doing............. :P
Old Lambrettas Never die ..................... they just go Faster !

Ron Moss says "Supertune it !"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information