RB kits-any high mileages?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Matty

odd mod squad wrote:buy one there good fun 8-)
I'm not thinking of buying one, just curious as to how the kits are getting on.
odd mod squad

i have had my kit one year now, done about 1500 miles no probs, 2nd issue kit 60 stroke crank mb race tour piston
i love it :P
johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

I have 2500 kilometers on mine, so far i have gone through one six plate clutch, had one expansion break, another crack at the stub and one head gasket problem, but the kit is still in good condition and working fine. Pulls SX200 gears into the wind in fourth gear. Needs more maintainance that a standard TS1 but is worth the hassle for the grin it puts on my face.
Good Kit.
GPMatt

many many miles! and i'm smiling everytime i look at one/ ride one! to me it's what it's all about. Modernising the lambretta to make her fun, and yet fast enough! and still look like an italian stallion!!

Build it/ get it built with the good bits in. not the cheap toot!!

i've known one over 10k miles! :D
sydduckett

Mate has got over 4500 on his rb20..... :D
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

Supplied an RB two years ago to do the best suporting member for the LCGB. Comming back this week for its yearly service ,as he has to log all the miles for the championship we know milage is accurate and its just completed 12,000 miles. Obviously i will be looking at the whole engine to see how all areas have coped with a high powered kit will let you know.
peter357bikes

RB250 with 1,600 miles on the clock built by Rayspeeds. No problems apart from it stretching chains. Foxhat clutch slipping so new knobbly surflex steels put in ..result excellent fun but not for riding with your 'rusteration' mates as it hates plodding...doing an Imola this winter to cover the slower rides
sydduckett

Peter sums up the RB family pretty spot on, they are a real laugh but a pain is the backside around town or sitting behind a car and having to up and down the gears..... :(
wax

This is a good post, especially as i pick up my RB260 from JB in a few weeks time :D You only normally get to hear about the ones that go pop, rather than the ones that stay together and rack up the miles. Keep em comin'........
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
sydduckett

wax wrote:This is a good post, especially as i pick up my RB260 from JB in a few weeks time :D You only normally get to hear about the ones that go pop, rather than the ones that stay together and rack up the miles. Keep em comin'........
Would be intrested to know how this baby goes, what pipe are you running?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information