RB kits-any high mileages?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Matty

What mileages have you RB owners done trouble free? 1k, 2k, 5k, 10k? Is it worth the outlay and is it actually better than the TS1 for reliability? Spill the beans.
sydduckett

Iv had 1500 miles out of my rb20, no issues what so ever. Had to take the whole engine out last week as there was issue with the case and everything is how it should be..so thumbs up from me... :D
RB Spain

done 1000 miles in the uk and 600ish klm in spain rb 225 , with no probs only had to rejet for the hot weather
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

3,500 plus miles on my RB230, no probs with the kit :D , more fun than a soapy tit wank :lol: .
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i,ll believe that maybe after i,ve had a soapy tit wank... :lol:
are you offering... :shock: :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Bufficus

I've had my RB22 fitted since October 2007. Just over two years and it has never let me down (yet). Not sure of the mileage becaue I don't have a working speedo. (ScootRS metal worm drive malfunction on the disk brake) Which I haven't been bothered to fix. I use a rev counter as a speedo. I don't think it's a particularly high miler (2K+) because I am lucky enough to have other scooters and have been concentrating on my TS1 and Dragster this year.
However, it's had a few changes since the first build. It was built with an MB piston and Wiseco rings. Everthing else was standard apart from matched casings. The Rayspeed crank (no thrust washers (shims)) was changed for a 60mm Alpha, which was then changed to a bespoke Jap rod conversion I had made. The pipe was originaly a Franspeed Tourer, which has now changed to a Franspeed Race. The carb has always been a Mikuni TMX 35, with various jetting changes. It has done several 100 mile plus rallies and doesn't seem to get too hot and I am not a fan of over rich jetting.
I hope to have the engine apart in the next two weeks and will report my findings here. If the barrel needs a replate, like a lot of the early ones have, I might have a fettle.
Sorry to drone , but I've been sniffing the barmaids apron.
leigh

4K+ on an rb22, only problems i have had is the NK exhaust cracked, now got franspeed tourer. also gone threw two clutches first was a 4 plate that just couldnt handle it, second went whilst touring france for 8 days after the circlip holding kickstart shaft decided to let go. the kit itself i think is excellent.

Leigh
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

after some probs to start , ive done about 4k trouble free, the rbs are very smooth i wouldnt say i pissover my mates scoots in first 3 gears but 4th is a diffrent story when they are flat out im only half throttle
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

sean brady scooters wrote:i,ll believe that maybe after i,ve had a soapy tit wank... :lol:
are you offering... :shock: :lol:
I didnt know you swung both ways Sean, very brave of you to come out on here :lol:, but seriously, the RB is big on grin factor :D .
odd mod squad

buy one there good fun 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information