Mikuni or Dellorto ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MarkH
Dealer

PM me for details
lockman69

Mikuni kit ordered from Jet200........................................ be my frigging luck i will cop for import tax!
Dimitrios_231

I took a complete Mikuni TM 24 kit with manifold from Jet200, few months ago.

I couldn't find anything cheaper in the market.

I also didn't pay any taxes.
spock64

how much would the import duty be then if i got stung for it ,seems a lot of hassle to save a tenner
shocky

if you get stung theres a royal mail handaling fee as well included in the bill :evil: which i think was £8 i think the last 3-4 item i had to pay money on were between £25-28 inc the handeling fee
i also bought a rack for my lml of ebay and it said item located in europe when it arrived it was sent from vietnam yep you guessed it another £28 i contacted the seller he gave me some old flannel
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
spock64

chisel speed it is then ;)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

I think also (if you read between the lines) you can PM Mark @ Jet200 and he can help negate the customs charge.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Try here for carb parts cheap as well ;)

http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/contact.html

Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
jonny snatchsniffer

dont tell anyone but if its sent as a gift for say £40 or under it is duty free so to speak so send it as lots of gifts in separate boxes but in one big box and your sorted, no tax, i dont know what the amount is but someone will
shocky

jonny snatchsniffer wrote:dont tell anyone but if its sent as a gift for say £40 or under it is duty free so to speak so send it as lots of gifts in separate boxes but in one big box and your sorted, no tax, i dont know what the amount is but someone will
2.3 Are import duties and import VAT always payable?
No. Customs duty is waived if the amount of duty is less than £7.

Import VAT is not payable on:

commercial consignments eg goods purchased over the internet with an intrinsic value not exceeding £18, but this does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters
gifts, excluding alcohol, tobacco, perfumes and toilet waters, with a value not exceeding £36 and which comply with the rules shown in paragraph 2.4.
There are a number of other circumstances where relief from some or all customs charges may be available. If you think your goods may be eligible for a relief you should contact the National Advice Service for further information.

top ^2.4 Gifts
Goods sent as a gift are not free of import duties and import VAT. However, customs duty will not be collected if the amount is less than £7, and import VAT is not chargeable if:

the value of the gift does not exceed £36
the customs declaration is completed correctly
the gift has been sent from a private person outside the EU to a private person(s) in this country
the gift is for the use of either yourself or your family
there is no commercial or trade element and the gift has not been paid for either directly or indirectly
the gift is of an occasional nature only eg for a birthday or anniversary.
Please note the purchase of goods from outside the EU to give as a gift to a relative or friend, whether or not addressed to that person, is treated as a ‘commercial consignment’ for which the import VAT relief threshold is £18 (paragraph 2.3 refers).

THE PROBLEM IS THOUGH IT WILL ONLY BE INSURED FOR THE LOWER AMOUNT WOULD YOU RISK LOOSING YOUR £180 CARB AND ONLY GET £36 BACK IN COMPENSATION :cry: SCOOTRS OFTEN SEND STUFF WITH A LOWER PRICE ON THE INTERNATIONAL MANIFEST I ALWAYS GO SLOW BOAT AS WELL WITH THEM AND HAVE NEVER PAID DUTY IT ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE FROM THE USA
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information