Mikuni or Dellorto ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MarkH
Dealer

jonny snatchsniffer wrote:so how much for a 250 main and p5 needle jet ? its for a tmx30
the tmx 27/30 are europe only and i don't stock that series of needle jet (622). :(
mickeyb

MarkH wrote:I doubt you can beat our price, even with the $35USD shipping added. You also get more for less with our kits.

If you're just keeping the top-end standard and going with a big bore, the TM24 is a good way to go.
I bought a TM24 for my 200 kit and ive had no probs with it...also bought of jet200.
lockman69

Cheers all

MarkH............ I have in fact emailed you via your website regarding the shipping costs, but you have allready answered that question $35 :P

How long do these carb kits take to get to the UK?

Thank you
MarkH
Dealer

6-10 days is what they quote. i think in most cases it is taking about 7 days
jonny snatchsniffer

MarkH wrote:
jonny snatchsniffer wrote:so how much for a 250 main and p5 needle jet ? its for a tmx30
the tmx 27/30 are europe only and i don't stock that series of needle jet (622). :(

but the mains are the same
spock64

hiya mark it is cheaper for me to buy a 35 tmx kit in uk than shipping from usa surley,esp with exchange rate
MarkH
Dealer

I've yet to find a price online that is close for the carb alone or the kits. You'd have to price it all out, hope they have it all in stock and see where you come out. Keep in mind all you get with our kit:

* TMX 35mm flatside carb body
* Rubber carb mount
* Main jets 270-350 (9)
* Needles 55-58 (4)
* Stainless carb clips (2)
* MB nylon-lined perfect match throttle cable (long)
* Choke cable conversion
shocky

mark not wanting to be a spoiler here but some people will get hit for tax/customs duty on there imports, my last bill for a $56 (£40)item inc shipping was £28 ($38) i could have bought the item in the uk for under £60 delivered its just one to watch ive looked on your site and you do get the full monty with yours so thers no hidden extras to try and source 8-)
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

MarkH wrote:I've yet to find a price online that is close for the carb alone or the kits. You'd have to price it all out, hope they have it all in stock and see where you come out. Keep in mind all you get with our kit:

* TMX 35mm flatside carb body
* Rubber carb mount
* Main jets 270-350 (9)
* Needles 55-58 (4)
* Stainless carb clips (2)
* MB nylon-lined perfect match throttle cable (long)
* Choke cable conversion
To put some UK prices to that list.......

£130 TMX 35mm flatside carb body
£ 10 Rubber carb mount
£ 28 Main jets 270-350 (9)
£ 28 Needles 55-58 (4)
£ 2 Stainless carb clips (2)
£ 5 MB nylon-lined perfect match throttle cable (long)
£ 25 Choke cable conversion

Total UK price = £228 plus shipping (£10 ?) So £238 all inc

Jet200 price = $282 plus $35 shipping = $317 dived by 1.4 (current exch rate?) = £226 all inc

I purchased one of these kits of these chaps when the exch rate was about 1.95 so i paid £160 all inc.....and i didnt get a customs bill afterwards either 8-)

And i can also say, even though the current exchange rate doesnt lend itself to such fantastic savings as before.....the kit is still marginally cheaper from these guys....and you can buy it all in one place, at the same time, as a complete kit. Quality of goods and delivery time was great.

I suppose the only current anomoly is customs bills....i import a lot of stuff, and always got customs bills......but i never got one from the purchase at jet200 (which i was ellated about!! :lol: )...and some other chaps i know didnt either. So.....does anyone actually know how the import tax 'system' actually works, and why sometimes you get bills...but other times you dont????

Would be good to know ;)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information