60 stroke

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
RAP 200

Thinking of useing 60 mil crank in race rapido 200 ,will i gain low down power or just lose out on exesive exhaust and transfer timing ,has anyone done this. cheers Darren, Lambretta club of South Australia
Dryballs

It will depend if you use a 1mm base packer (or my reccommendation) a 1mm head gasket. You may even find you dont need that big a head gasket depending on your squish

I ran a 60mm crank on my rapido 225 and was very very happy with the way it ran

my set up was:

race rapido 225
MB forged piston
60mm crank
.5mm head gasket and low compression head
Mikuni TMX30 carb with a remote air filter
PM pipe

I ran a Li150 gearbox with 17-46 gearbox and it pulled this gearing two up no problems

THe only reason I say my setup was! is I changed to a TS1 barrel for a trial!

I wanted to take the rapido barrel back to New zealand with me 2 christmases ago when I went home to put on my GP, so I left the TS1 on my bike in London

The rapido on my GP with the 58mm crank (that is the only difference between the two setups) is noticably slower

Hope this info helps you with your choice!
RAP 200

Cheers for that ,my setup is rapido race ,34 mil mikuni ,jl4 pipe, mugelo centre squish head,variatronic,li150 gears,15/46,goes like stink ,so any gain in bottom end would be a bonus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information