R1 shock springs

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sponge bob

Just got an R1 rear shock and have removed orignal spring, what is the best weight for the new spring to be rated at ? Cheers . :D
teamv

I've a simler question as i have a taffspeed style rear shocker and would be interested to know what the spring rate is and can you buy others as with an r1 shocker.
anyone can buy a dremel, but does that make them a scooter tuner
shocky

sponge bob wrote:Just got an R1 rear shock and have removed orignal spring, what is the best weight for the new spring to be rated at ? Cheers . :D
it really depends what weight you are and your riding style and wether you have a cutdown or full frame and if you do alot of 2 up riding i do 3 spring rates 180,200 and 225 lbs
heres a selection of the 4 types i do if you need a spring i have several i can undercut demon tweeks price by a £1 if you need one i get mine directly from faulkners and buy 100 at a time :shock:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
doggbhoy

Hi, where would i get a c spanner to adjust the spring on these
cheers!
gabba gabba hey gabba we accept you one of us
Juan

Unrelated I know but can you give the springs a quick measure for me please? I'm looking for replacements for my Ape and I think size wise they'd be quite close.
shocky

Juan wrote:Unrelated I know but can you give the springs a quick measure for me please? I'm looking for replacements for my Ape and I think size wise they'd be quite close.
there 7inches long and 2.25 wide on the inside
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

doggbhoy wrote:Hi, where would i get a c spanner to adjust the spring on these
cheers!
just try an independant bike shop or a moto cross place bewere though that there are several differant sizes i paid £3 for mine
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

doggbhoy wrote:Hi, where would i get a c spanner to adjust the spring on these
cheers!
I just use the same C shape spanner that I use on my forks ;)
doggbhoy

cheers guys,never new the fork lock ring c spanner fitted :oops: what a spanner :D
gabba gabba hey gabba we accept you one of us
MarkH
Dealer

I've settled in on the 180# - I just think it gives you more versatility with the adjustments. The stronger the spring, the less level of adjustment you'll have. I'm typically riding one up - weight about 210# and am tall so riding way at the back. The times I've ridden two-up I just give it a quick adjustment and we're good. The 225 made for a hard ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information