Whats the fastest fast flow tap out there?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wax

I am just about to get my RB260 running, with a powerjet TMX 38mm carb. This monster is going to be thirsty! I wrecked my TS1 due to fuel starvation and dont want to do that again, as you can imagine. Its the 10 quid parts that let you down! Has anyone done a comparison on flow rates of taps from different scooter shops? I dont want to blow my wedge on half a dozen and do my own test, as i am a right tight-wad. Can you just drill em out to increase flow? Any help / advice would be grrrrreat, (in a tony the tiger voice!) :lol:
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
apc

Keep us all informed on the 260,what is the spec/barrel/crank etc ? cheers Andy
shocky

contact ian at taffspeed there flow over 1 litre a minute there about £20 ish they properly modify theres
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i would really consider doing away with any sort of conventional fast flow tap as such..

just make it straight through......with on/off controled by a stop cock valve..........seriously
thats what we did on our racer and i know that is what the foxhat guys do on their beasts.

and dont worry about the loss of the "reserve setting" as this can be a major cause of many mishaps... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

You can drill them out but there's not much room where the two holes are and you won't be able to use the inner plastic tube therefore you have to run it on reserve all the time, which as Sean says is probably a good thing. I've seen some fast flow ones of poor build that needed drilling out regardless because of poor casting internally.
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

I Lost count on how many 'fast flow' taps I tried before I settled
on one from CamLam, I forget the flow rate now but it well over the pint per minute mark.
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
dunf

if you really still want to use a tap, why not use a crosser one? From a CR250 or YZ etc. More than enough flow from them. My YZ runs a 188 main jet, can't see the RB being thirstier than that? and no problems with fuel flow even at full chat.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

shocky wrote:contact ian at taffspeed there flow over 1 litre a minute there about £20 ish they properly modify theres
Hmmm. A tap that is capable of delivering fuel for 8mins from a standard tank. Hardly going to be an ideal commuter bike. ;)
Martin
wax

I am interested in the straight through option. How do you do this? Does this dispose of the filtery bit in the tank too? I am not too fussed about the reserve thing, so thats not a problem. Any info on parts needed to do this / photo would be top banana. I will post a pic / info of my new monster RB260 when its finished by John at JB. Him the man, man! 8-)
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
pasner

I am also interested on that. :mrgreen:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information