Indian Li 150 gearbox.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
giankx

I'm going to build a 25 bhp (more or less) TS1, want to fit a 16x46 Li150 gearbox.
If i can't find an Italian gearbox, would the indian one quite strong to resist for a long time without destroyng itself?
I know that is hard question :D
What are your experiences with li150 indian gearbox? Do they fit straight or need some modifications ?
Thanks.
joespeed

yes it will fit in,but ,dont know whether it will like 25 hp or not!
regards
joe
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

As far as I know Indian Li gearboxes are said to be very sturdy. Some people will say they are better than the Italian gearbox. Oh, and a bloody sight cheaper as well. :D
shocky

spanish LI gearboxes are the same as italian ones as well iv had several some will say differant but if its a true LI then it will have
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
giankx

Nice, i'm seriously thinking to buy an Indian LI150 gearbox.
Bernie

Several on ebay.co.uk at the monent.
jonny snatchsniffer

the spanish li 150 box has different ratios so the 3rd to 4th is a bigger jump, my last 175 used a pacemaker and 17/46 and was spot on, when sold it went onto a standard li150 and was still good for 65/70
shocky

jonny snatchsniffer wrote:the spanish li 150 box has different ratios so the 3rd to 4th is a bigger jump, my last 175 used a pacemaker and 17/46 and was spot on, when sold it went onto a standard li150 and was still good for 65/70
i can tell you 100% that i have had 5 spanish LI boxes and they are exactly the same as the italian ones sticky book is wrong buzz solomoto can conform my statement http://www.buzzsolomoto.co.uk/contact.asp
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
davla

Bernie wrote:Several on ebay.co.uk at the monent.
I'm selling one for £55 delivered if your interested? (It's also on ebay for £65)
jonny snatchsniffer

shocky wrote:
jonny snatchsniffer wrote:the spanish li 150 box has different ratios so the 3rd to 4th is a bigger jump, my last 175 used a pacemaker and 17/46 and was spot on, when sold it went onto a standard li150 and was still good for 65/70
i can tell you 100% that i have had 5 spanish LI boxes and they are exactly the same as the italian ones sticky book is wrong buzz solomoto can conform my statement http://www.buzzsolomoto.co.uk/contact.asp
then i must have had a unique tree then as it was li 150 apart from 3rd which had 1 tooth more, now i did have a box of gears tho and the tree didnt match anything in the tuning/workshop books at the time so i rang taffs and they said it was from a spanish li150
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information