Hydraulic clutch

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
carlos fandango

Ive almost got this semi hydraulic fitted anyone else using one ? I suppose i should have asked that question before i started but hey ho :)
http://media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1296/d1 ... a14401.jpg
http://media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1295/71 ... 8d7bc1.jpg

Only problem i have is the slave cylinder has a 6mm banjo and bolt the smallest i can get is 8mm :(
So a few of solutions i have to the problem are
1 Drill and re tap the slave cylinder to 8mm
2 turn down a 8mm bolt to 6mm and rethread
3 have some top hats made in copper 6mm internal 8mm external (davidblythe ?)
4 give up !
5 buy a motor bike!
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
flameboy

Hi
sorry to jump your post i am building the same and just as stumped too
so be interested if you find some too
flameboy
Nic

Are 6mm banjos not used on some pushbikes with hydraulic brakes?
JOHNNY
Main scooter: Full carbon fibre RB270 gp

as above above post i had one for our lasses smallframe and the only place i could get one was from our local bike shop , it was still a pig to set up so i bought a hebo one , they use 8mm couplings and very easy to set up
OranegePeel

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Looks good, can i ask where you got and what the parts are for this conversion... The fit up at the headset looks spot on, was this a lot of modding by yourself or of the shelf????

Sorry for the questions but at the stage in a build that i could do this...

Ta!
Don't be frightened...
carlos fandango

Mmmmmmmm
Well its all connected up ;) just trying to bleed the bleeding thing :cry:
The slave cylinder was a kit off ebay £25 ish. master cylinder (matching clutch and front brake ) ebay £10, purpose made hose £12.
The gear change housing was an old one, block of alli welded on, then lots of sawing, grinding, filing and sanding :o
Im having trouble bleeding it at the moment :? but i dont think the slave has enough travel :( so i may have to get a better one hebo or magura i think?
Ill keep you posted
Russell
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Superb work Carlos.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
shocky

OranegePeel wrote:Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Looks good, can i ask where you got and what the parts are for this conversion... The fit up at the headset looks spot on, was this a lot of modding by yourself or of the shelf????

Sorry for the questions but at the stage in a build that i could do this...

Ta!
i have some parts for sale as i no longer have lammy i have 2 of these slave cylinders and a handlebar master cylinder from a dragster plus a clutch arm pm me if anyone is interested
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
steve chapman

looks like a great idea , would be nice if , mb or frank sanderson ect could do a beefed up version, thats if someone has'nt .
carlos fandango

Thought i give you an update on this and some pics.

Well its on and working. I had to buy a better quality slave cylinder, so if you`ve just won the one on ebay i think youll need a new slave cylinder ;)
The main problems i had were
- Not getting enough travel on the clutch arm, and not being able to adjust the length. so i made an adjuster (larger version of a cable adjuster)

-Not very easy to bleed, I resorted to cracking the nut open slightly emersing the whole slave cylinder in brake fluid and pumping the air out, and then tightening the nut in the brake fluid before taking out and fitting to bracket

-

Still early days yet as ive only done about 100 miles :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information