LI150 gearbox

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Mel K

Just to confuse everyone even further, Ian at Taffspeed told me the Vijay 150 is the one to have if you can't get a pacemaker one :?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Oh good. I've got one of those and all. :D
sean brady scooters
Dealer

yes thats ok......but make sure its NOT the mk11 vijay............. :shock: :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
soullad
Dealer

The regular Li 150 gearboxes are the same, Spanish or Italian. If you are swapping out please use the same tree as gearbox and keep a selection of gearbox shims to hand as I have found very slight diffs in the completed heights.
The spanish LI gearboxes are well made and tough. If you are unsure then Eibar S'2 have this ideal box, standard ratio 5.2.
It is when you start to confuse these gearboxes with the later Special (Jet) sort that differences occur, esp with regards to that big jump between 3 and 4th gears.
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

Doom Patrol wrote:That's slanderous that is. There's nothing wrong with the API gearbox................... Is there? :D

Nothing wrong with the Indian API 'box (which has exactly the same ratios as the Italian . . . . except that it's made of better material than the Italian ones :mrgreen:

Vijay items don't have a gap between the gears . . . more like a yawning chasm :frog:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information