is anyone using any other mikuni other than a 24, 30 or 35mm

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cezeta

is anyone using any other mikuni other than a 24, 30 or 35mm?

the 24mm is so good i was wondering if there was a size in between the 24 and 30mm that have produced good results?
Matty

Nick, I think Corrado had good results with a TM28.
Train Driver

Mazz as you know is using the 28mm and his scooter drinks fuel and MarkH at jet200.com said.
I find the TM28 Mikuni very difficult to dial in. So difficult that I don't sell it or recommend it to others. I struggled with one on a TS1 for many thousands of miles before finally giving up. On paper it looked like it was an ideal match but I've enjoyed the engine much more with the TMX35. That's not to say that smaller TM or TMX carbs can't work well. The TM28 is sort of the oddball of the TM/TMX family.

I have seen Keihin PWK 28 Carburettors used on scooters in the USA and Europe but not heard much here
Maz

6LDA 28B wrote:Mazz as you know is using the 28mm and his scooter drinks fuel and MarkH at jet200.com said.
I find the TM28 Mikuni very difficult to dial in. So difficult that I don't sell it or recommend it to others. I struggled with one on a TS1 for many thousands of miles before finally giving up. On paper it looked like it was an ideal match but I've enjoyed the engine much more with the TMX35. That's not to say that smaller TM or TMX carbs can't work well. The TM28 is sort of the oddball of the TM/TMX family.

I have seen Keihin PWK 28 Carburettors used on scooters in the USA and Europe but not heard much here
Yes, I'm now getting an amazing 35mpg with reed valves and set up on the dyno at JB! Luckly I have a long range tank!

I think it's time to visit Chalkey!
Train Driver

Family day out on wednesday off to annoy chalky, me, cezeta and his bestest school chum EL Tel.
Mazz any questions you would like us to ask
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Matty wrote:Nick, I think Corrado had good results with a TM28.
No, I use a TMX27 on my Imola, it's the Canines danglies compared to the 30 mm Dellorto I used before it.

Foxy on WKFA uses a TM32 on his Rapido Race 250, he rates it highly.
cezeta

6LDA 28B wrote:Family day out on wednesday off to annoy chalky, me, cezeta and his bestest school chum EL Tel.
Mazz any questions you would like us to ask
yes, we can ask chalkie where mazzes petrol leak is.

mazz get an rt kit, you ll save a fortune
cezeta

corrado wrote:
Matty wrote:Nick, I think Corrado had good results with a TM28.
No, I use a TMX27 on my Imola, it's the Canines danglies compared to the 30 mm Dellorto I used before it.

Foxy on WKFA uses a TM32 on his Rapido Race 250, he rates it highly.
is it a gas guzler?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

The TMX 27 on my Imola gave it more power and it used less fuel.

Dunno about the TM 32 on Foxy's 250.
jimmo
Main scooter: Lambretta GP TS1 230 JB

Maz wrote:
6LDA 28B wrote:Mazz as you know is using the 28mm and his scooter drinks fuel and MarkH at jet200.com said.

Yes, I'm now getting an amazing 35mpg with reed valves and set up on the dyno at JB! Luckly I have a long range tank!

I think it's time to visit Chalkey!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information