Mugello 225 or Casa 210?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

redrev, its nice to get some feed back on the RT, its the first ive read, and good news aswell :D . ceteza, the Mugg 200 & 225 seem very tame out of the box, i was very disapointed when i first got mine, ive since had a fettle with it, just lifted & widend exhaust and took a nats off inlet side of piston, only stuff i,ve read on forums, it does,t pull any trees up but i,ve clock,d are lass at 72mph on a good day, the thing with the mugg is it,ll do it all day long :D .
cezeta

my problem is im pushing it hard at 65 and nailing it to touch 70 where as im riding with 16/18 bhp rapidos who are comfy at 70 and will overtake where mine cant cope.

there is an argument to say "then ride the ts1" but i actualy prefer a conventional lambretta feel with a clubman.

there is a rumour that mbd are to bring out their own clubman to suit the rt kit. i had a clubman from mbd in the 90s and it worked well on my ts1 despite everybody insisting that it will never work, how opinions change.

20 bhp from an off the shelf stage 4 is more than many get from a ts1. now thats worth noting.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

cezeta, i think your already sold on the RT, easy,st sale broady ever had :lol: , it would be good if MB brought a new clubman out to suit the RT, it may suit the Mugg aswell, performance wise theres not a fag paper twix all the clubmans on the market, the only difference i,v found is price. Indian big bore is as good as any. Will there be a cheap 225 mugg going :D .
cezeta

possibly, :lol:

the daft thing is that the smaller mugellos are much better, the 186 is a 14bhp kit!! but the 225 is the runt of the litter. im sure there are plenty out there but i can honestly say i dont know anyone that rides a 200 block with less than a 225. sounds like yours is a 230 my ts1 is a 240. 60 stroke and 70 bore is favoured by most. even harry barlow said recently that he doesnt even go near 58 stroke cranks anymore.

but the bottom line is that im skint so its a not right now thing :(
mouse

For those people that say they dont know anyone with this kit I have the 1st one we had done, Mark put it in my scoot 2 days before the IOM last year and his instructions were get there as fast as you can and thats what I did Full throttle, I rode with Gilly from the Doncaster Hunters so he can confirm this, I have just come back from 10 days touring with the scoot loaded with side panel panniers full to bursting, rear back rest with spare tyre,full petrol can, her indoors, and a rucksack strapped to the inner legshield toolbox, I had to grind the bottom part of the panel off the series 1 for clearance it was that loaded (we had no BGM rear shocks in at the time so I had to make do with a shock which was not quite what it should be), we went to the aberfoyle rally in scotland and then across to belfast for 5 days and then up to ballycastle for the 4 nations, both do's being the best I have attended in a long time, as I came out of belfast on the ring road I was not sure of the exit Road so I pulled over to read the map, it was at this point that a transit van pulled up in front and reversed back towards me, it turned out to be a lad from the lambretta club of Ireland 'Bo' and his other half Karen (very nice couple) who thought I had broken down I told him I was not sure which juntion i needed to be off so he told me to follow him, he pulled away very slowly and proceeded slowly obviously assuming i had a standard bike, so after a couple of miles travelling at about 50mph I wizzed past him gesturing to go a bit faster, then i started travelling at the speed i would normally Travel when going to a rally which would be about 70 mph (solo), having the original blanking plate and no speedo i dont actually know the genuine speed I travel, a few miles up the road I passed a police car parked over what i assumed was the motorway but was in fact a dual carriageway still at full throttle not shutting off, no need i could have only been doing about 65 or so i thought, anyway we got to ballycastle with Bo pulling in behind with a massive grin on his face, "that is the fastest scooter I have ever followed" he said "You do realise when you passed under the bridge with the plod above it you were going 74 mph", now I know this is a excellent torquey motor I had underneath me but the fastest bike that may be stretching it a bit, But to say Bo was impressed is an understatement.
Anyway the reason for me posting this is to let you know I have the rt220 in my scoot and I never had the spanners out for either trip apart from me losing the spring from the back of the panel handle and it was ridden as It should be BALLS OUT, YOU pay the money YOU make your choice, the other scootersists out there who buy this kit on the whole are people who do lots of miles
P.S this is my personal posting and not MB developments as Mark does not know I am writing this. ramble over :D
redrev

Nice one mouse :D you ramble on, unfortunately Mark was a bit more conservative with my running in instructions ;)
but its nice to know they take the hammer!

Bornagain, if we only could! :roll: When Mark comes up with a time machine let us know i am sure there would be a market for it in the scootering fraterrnity :D

When are the next white spring BGM rear shocks due in then?
Redrev.
mouse

redrev I am just waiting for a response from germany re:shocks, as far as the rt kit is concerned he wanted to see if I could break it rather than you breaking yours :D
mouse

redrev, beginning to mid october.
mouse.
cezeta

redrev wrote:Nice one mouse :D you ramble on, unfortunately Mark was a bit more conservative with my running in instructions ;)
but its nice to know they take the hammer!

Bornagain, if we only could! :roll: When Mark comes up with a time machine let us know i am sure there would be a market for it in the scootering fraterrnity :D

When are the next white spring BGM rear shocks due in then?
Redrev.

i bet the time machine will be made out of carbon fibre with stainless fixings :frog:

he wants to hurry up with all the rest of the stuff he is supposed to be bringing out, speedo for one.....dont get him distracted with time travel or canoes :roll:
redrev

Carbon fibre with stainless fixing....you seen it too :shock: :o

have to keep a eye open in the dealer innovation,products & showcase forum 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information