Mugello 225 or Casa 210?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

cezeta, iam not having a go at the kit, i dont know enough about it, it has,t been out long enough to form a usefull opinion one way or the other, thats the point. Ian, i dont sit at my computor all day, we were touring the yorkshire dales last weekend on lambrettas, did,t see you :roll: . 720 miles in 19 hours is impressive on anything never mind a lambretta, I take my hat off to the fella, think the most i,ve done in a day is high 300s, my limit would be less these days, johnny giles :oops: .
cezeta

eibargum, dont worry im not taking it as you having a go and you are right to challenge me in order to satisfy yourself on these things.

i would be the same and have been. im not the most trusting of tuners or dealers and im never 100% happy that im not being spun a yarn half the time.

that ian hepworth for example, i asked him whats the best set up to do the spanish rally next year. 75cc vega he said......then i see he s thinking of selling one. you cant trust anyone :roll:

the rb kit is not for me, i have ridden the jb tuning demonstrator. 30bhp.....nah...dont like it. i like long legged torqie motors. i like to do high miles at high speed....never get to do it mind you.....usualy high miles slowly due to faffing :roll:

when ian hepworth sends me my free demo rt22o kit ill let you have a go on it ;)
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Dont hold your breath for a freeby off ian or broady, though they owe you one, but i,ll keep my fingers crossed for you, and i,ll hold you to that ride :D . Have you got any nearer sorting your muggy 225 out yet, my 200 mugg went better with a 60mm crank in like you mentioned, might be on to somthing as regards port timings but iam not cleaver enough to know for sure, might have just been the extra CCs.
redrev

I have a RT220cc, mbd 60x110 race tour crank and devtour expansion pipe 20.1bhp with bags of torque which i wanted

It is part of the total engine rebuild that Mark did for me i have only done 700 miles on it but i am very impressed with it so far pulls like a train and very smooth, its a bit early to get a full picture yet, but it will be going back at 1000miles for Mark to fine tune the carb so will have more to say then.

Its not the cheapest kit out there but it will do what it says on the box and more, its down to what you want and how much you want to pay its a personal choice must kits will improve a standard set up.

The RT220cc is stage 4 so plenty of scope for future tuning if the need for more speed is what you want.
joespeed

anyone used a monza 225 with good results, fitted with long stroke crankshaft,etc,etc
joespeed

or cheap indian 175/185 or 225 alloy kits
cezeta

i have not used the monza but have experienced the indian kits.

im not happy to use kits that i dont know about and the indian kit was not quite right. again its fine if built by a pro but im good with a spanner but im no tuner so i need that done for me. hence my preferance to the rt kit

in answer to eibargum, I now have a b race pipe on the mugello which is a stealth curly vesion of a taffspeed type power deliver if that makes sence? its improved it greatly but it stops dead at 7200 rpm. it needs the 60mm crank.

while waiting for ian hepworth to send me the rt kit ill have a carb swap from a 25mm delly to a 24mm mikuni with remote filter. to be honest if i had been sold the right crank with the kit then i would not be so disapointed with it.

ill have an rt kit in time though.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Bring the Muggy to Cadwell this weekend and leave it with one of the racers, they're getting close to 40 bhp now from a 200. :P
cezeta

im not sure thrashing my scooter round the field will help :D

there is no doubt that these kits can be made to perform, chaulky just got 20 odd bhp out of one for the road but had to use a packer plate and recess the head in order to bring the timings anywhere near recognisable.

by which time its a 700 pound kit :cry:

now i have it though im torn between selling it and cutting my losses and buying an rt or having the muggy tuned. either way its MORE money.
ArmandTanzarian

Somebody mentioned the Rapido kit. Is this stil true?

The Standard Rapido has cast the flange upside down!
You can turn the gasket around but this doesn't cure the problem with a standard design U bend.
To make matters worse the two exhaust studs are offset a little more towards the exhaust.
This is a total nightmare to line up, tune or grind.
The only cure is to cut off the flange and re jig up the exhaust!
Hassle to say the least.
(From the MB site)
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information