Stator problem or not?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
firekdp

Just to be sure check along the green wires in the headset for insulation damage, maybe it is only shorting now and then.
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

firekdp wrote:
Skar wrote:If I understand correctly then I switch the multimeter to the section with the letter Omega and measure, answer comes out as 1 whether I use the 200 ohm setting or the 2000k ohm setting, is this the answer I want?
Not really as this proves your cut circuit is OK and starting when the wire removed was coincidence and the problem is probably within the stator.
I had exactly the same, scooter stopped, tried everything, removed the cutout wire at cdi and it started, changed the switch everything hunky dory - until the next day , changed the LT coil - all ok, fitted the old switch and it's been fine since- those little coincidences can lead you a fine old merry dance sometimes!
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

J1MS wrote:The cut out button would be my first suspect they are quite ofte the reason for a non starter whether points or CDI...
As MS says check this. Take it out and check whether there's been any visible arcing. You should be able to tell as bits of the bakelite will have melted.
Skar

Thanks for all if the help, I think I may have found the problem...

All ok on ignition switch and it's cable but when I followed the cable to the lampholder, the connection was loose. On closer inspection, not only was it loose but the holder for the 2 greens had actually snapped and it was free to move.... could this be the problem?

I've bodged it for now and done 35 miles testing with no problem. (Except no lights!)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information