mugello,monza or ts1

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
joespeed

which is the best kit in 225 form?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Best for ...... ?
joespeed

performance,mpg,lasting!
sidebottom
Playstation gamer tag: 1DDKSA4

joespeed wrote:performance,mpg,lasting!

The fact you have put performance first I would give the muggy a wide berth, a few threads on the 225 muggy performance and it's not great considering the money. Probably better with a proper cast iron stage 4.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

I'd say the tried and trusted TS1......easy to get hold of, lots of jetting specs avaialble, can be tweaked for a touring tune or a race tune just as easily.........
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
CANbus

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:I'd say the tried and trusted TS1......easy to get hold of, lots of jetting specs avaialble, can be tweaked for a touring tune or a race tune just as easily.........
Can the TS1 be fitted straight out of the box withot mods to the barrell?
Does the engine case need to be modified in anyway to except the TS1 kit?

thanks.
11111111 = 0xFF
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Yes, it can be fitted straight out of the box.

No, no mods are required as such, although it goes without saying that you might want to beef up your bearings/seals/crank etc if you feel they are not upto the job? And although you dont need to make any mods, the kit can be improved upon later if you do wish to make some mods etc...
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
shocky

CANbus wrote:
drunkmunkey6969 wrote:I'd say the tried and trusted TS1......easy to get hold of, lots of jetting specs avaialble, can be tweaked for a touring tune or a race tune just as easily.........
Can the TS1 be fitted straight out of the box withot mods to the barrell?
Does the engine case need to be modified in anyway to except the TS1 kit?

thanks.
no bolt it on slap an old fresco on there, chuck a AMAL carb on that you have lying around bish bash bosh it will rocket to 93mph check aout rays ped web site :roll:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
CANbus

Thanks for the replys, maybe I should have started another thread here sorry, however I’m still in the market for such a kit also and I have been watching the engine poll closely. Quite clearly the TS1 is popular kit in the poll, and given the short amount of time the RB has been around it also scores well.
IMO then since the TS1 scores higher I would expect most of the reliability issues to be posted on various sites to be geared around this TS1 kit, but that appears not to be the case, just my thought process.

http://scooterotica.org/tempforum/viewt ... f=7&t=1530
11111111 = 0xFF
Jet200

I know I'm picking up from Joespeeds thread of about 5 months ago but I'm also considering the pro's and cons of a 225 set up and was thinking of the Monza. I was thinking of waiting for the Super Monza but it's taking a little longer than first suggested and I imagine may well be a little over my budget. I know the TS1 is tried and tested but the Monza's been out for some time too now so I thought we'd have a bit of data from a lot of the knowledgeable site members as to their experiences of this kit.

The reason I'm thinking about the Monza is because I have an Imola which I'm very pleased with and in conversation with more learned Lambretta buffs in the engine performance know how than myself the Imola has been described to me as a baby TS1.

And this is how it's explained on CamLams site.

The Monza kit is similar to the Imola, but this kit is designed for use on 200cc engine cases. Again an alloy cylinder with reed valve, all the parts are supplied for the conversion. Carburettors, and exhaust can be included in a tailor made package to suit your requirements.

If so, does anybody know how it actually compares with the TS1 in factual terms, reliability, performance, MPG?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information