Lambretta GP 500

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
T5-190

I had this crazy idea last year of putting a fecking big two stroke engine from a motocross bike into a Lambretta frame. You know the complete full frame look, a wolf in sheeps clothing. But my past track record of finishing projects off is poor, you should see inside my garage. This combined with my time away at work, I have sent the whole lot off to our Frank. Where I belive it is under way and making good progress. The engine is from a KX 500, too big some might say but pah, I had the engine and a spare GP 200 frame so why not. I have been in Singapore for the past month and have left Frank to work his magic. He is getting it to a rolling chassis for me, that way I can finish the rest off in my own time or what time I have at home.
Frank did say that I was a complete nut and he did try to talk me out of it ha ha. I just find the whole idea of a large two stroke engine in a Lambretta mental and cool. And I may go down the route of full carbon panel work aswell. Frank is also doing one of his loverly twin disc front ends for it. I will post some pics of the engine and maybe Frank can post some of the build so far. P.S. they do a 610cc big bore kit for this ha ha taken it from 65bhp to just under 90bhp. Mark

The 3 pistons are from the right standard T5, Malossi 172 and the KX 500
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Excellent. Would love to see this on the move. :)
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

T5-190 wrote:Frank is also doing one of his loverly twin disc front ends for it.
Pointless - you've no hope of keeping the front end down :lol: still you won't have to worry about tyre wear on the front 8-)

You're obviously barking ............... Love it :D
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
tomdavid1988

Can wait to see the progress on this one !
J1MS

Like the look of this .... Its mental... So its got to be done... :bouncing: :bouncing: :bouncing:
RICSPEED

these are mental motors in there intended frame :shock: proper keck crapping mental ,as said you'll have a job on keeping the front wheel down :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
jimmers

looking forward to seeing this one evolve.
has it been done before as the lump does not look to big at all
sion

Ha love it
J1MS

Reed type Carb-Rubber has a feed pipe for a Boost bottle... Have you got it and if you have is it just over half a litre in capacity.... Just trying to confirm a little somthing I am reading... little bit of formula for boost bottles... If you have it, Could you see how much fluid it takes to fill from a measuring jug... It dosnt have to be precise just an approx... Thanks. :bald:
sean brady scooters
Dealer

most of the old type of boost bottles that i remember.....used on crossers ..had in effect inside them a balloon.......which only expanded to x amount due to pressures inside the engine
this of course may well have equated to a volume matching CC ...but only under some pressure.........
needless to say.........but if just checking volume of boost bottle (not under pressure)......it could be far less..............
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information