One post,many questions

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Question the first, Crankshaft options, I'm looking to replace my Std GP150 crank, I have my heart set on a BGM unit, but they are currently unavailable. At the end of the year my Std iron 150 will be bored out to 175cc and a crankshaft replacement as well, with the intention of updating to a Mugello or simular at a later date, so what's an equal option?

Question the second, Dave Websters Tuning manual, is the information still current for today? I don't wish to by a book if the info is out dated.

Question the third, Scooter Techniques 'lambretta engine rebuild' dvd, is it worth the money? I bought the 'running maintenence' dvd a was a little dissapointed.

Cheers
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
sponge bob

Answer one - Don't know
Answer two - Don't know
Answer three - From what i saw of it it was very good indeed and a very clear,you see what is happening step by step and in real time which helps as nothing is skipped ( Sauasage does make you cringe some times but he certianly knows his stuff)
soulsurfer

MEC black crank should do the job, around £100.
The DVD is good and all you need together with Sticky's book.
Dunno bout Websters book tho'
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
J1MS

If like me you try the sugested port timings that are in the Webster manual. properly Setup jetted and an exhaust to compliment the barrel with a 30mm carb it will sill be a quick scooter by todays standards.
adriang

Frank, the casa crank might be worth a look, you can get from from Casa over in Perth, so would save some postage.

In regards to the 175 kit, might be worth looking seeing how Siobhan goes with the cross Australia ride, she's using one of the Casa 185 kits which again are available in Australia.

Do you have somebody lined up to bore out your 150 barrel to 175, I've heard of a few bad experiences in Brisbane with bad rebores turning out oval!
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Frank, the casa crank might be worth a look, you can get from from Casa over in Perth, so would save some postage.
Hi Adrian, the casa kit is way too expensive for me at this point in time.

Do you have somebody lined up to bore out your 150 barrel to 175
Yep,me...
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
Greggio

I though the DVD was really helpful - something about seeing it done was more effective for me than just reading Sticky's book alone. You still need Sticky's though to consult when you're actually in the work shop...
sean brady scooters
Dealer

dave websters book is still worth every penny mate..........and
its certainly not as outdated as you would maybe think........given the passage of time since it was first produced
its full of lots of good technical advice/tips....and specs........... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information