motorcycle style grips

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
leehuggy72

hi guy's

I like the look of motorcycle grips with bar ends and was wondering were to get them from..

would i need to buy two sets as most bikes are different sizes as to get the 25mm i need.

thanks lee
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

The MBD ones are very nice but they're about £30 a set.
The trouble with the bike ends is that they're the wrong size, they're too small so need adapting to get them to stay put. You can get some grips that are both the same size, about 1" but in the main most bikes use 2 different sized grips so yes you're right Lee you need to buy 2 pairs.
rossi46

I got some 3 layer gel ones form Pro grip number 791 one they come in all colours and cut out a lot of the vibration on the bars, and yes you would have to by 2 sets.

http://www.progrip.com/default.asp?ite=gri#top

Daz
shocky

dont use push in bar end weights there s**t even if glued in if its those shiny round things that my sell they look cheap and nasty they do tzr grips but i recone there about twice the price you can get them for else were my set up cost £13 for grips and weights i did have to weld a round spacer on the end of the bars and drill and tap it so its not just a simple job (well it was for me as i have the kit) theres no weight to the weights there brushed alloy
all parts from local independent bike shop not a main dealer they were very helpfull and interested in what i wanted unlike the main dealers who just said sorry we dont do scooter stuff

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
paulc

motrax do a lot. got a pair on my vespera. you need 125mm length. the bigger one of the two i fit to the gear change side . the bar ends come in all styles & types.
rossi46

got my bar ends from MBD had them powder coated and then fitted some small pieces of carbon tube to them, fit perfect.
Bufficus

I use TZR and Renthall grips on mine and recently replaced MB bar ends with Vespa GTS bar end weights. They weigh 300 grams each and remove a lot of vibration.

I fitted them to my GP/RB 225, which didn't vibrate at all, but I liked the look and fitted a long clutch lever from a DT 125. They are fixed by drilling and tapping the control rods.

I first put them on my TS1, which did vibrate, but recently discovered that was down to a spun Alpha crank. :shock: Which I should say has been re-pinned FOC.

Sorry for the crap pictures. My garage has too much clutter.

Last edited by Bufficus on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

And I pinched Bufficus's idea ages ago, except used Runner bar ends which are smaller than the GTS, and MB's TZ grips :D Recommended ;)
Bufficus

storkfoot wrote:And I pinched Bufficus's idea ages ago, except used Runner bar ends which are smaller than the GTS, and MB's TZ grips :D Recommended ;)
Not my idea. Frank Sanderson and Sticky were way ahead of me. ;)
shocky

are they really 300 grams thats heavy ?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information