Ticking over

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Mr Ed

When I start scoot from cold I need to keep revs up or it will cut out immediately. Also after a spin, it will keep ticking over longer but eventually cuts out. Is it as simple as adjusting carb settings or could there be another reason for this. It's a new SIL 200 engine(about 1000 miles run in)with a Dellorto 24 mm PHBL carb.
ove

Mr Ed, me thinks your tick over screw needs adjusting. Have a play with it when ya scooter is nice and warmed up. If that doesn`t work then we`ll go from there.
poose

Had the same problem on mine, first time it was a knsckered Jetex carb, second time main oil seal was on its way out and third time head was leaking.
Mr Ed

poose wrote:Had the same problem on mine, first time it was a knsckered Jetex carb, second time main oil seal was on its way out and third time head was leaking.
Would there be any other symptoms if it was an oil seal or leaking head.
poose

If you run scoot and drain gear box oil if revs go up its a sign oil seal is on its way, usually notice it is using gear box as well. As for the head you can usually hear it leaking and will probably have lost a bit of power
sponge bob

The new sil engines need a complete check from seals to squish to timing you just have elimanate one problem at a time, did this with mine and know it is like a new engine whish i had done it straight away and saved my self a load of haed scratching !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information