Chopper bar help.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

So this is where you are all hiding... :frog:

I have a project on the go and I would like to know what my options are for fitting chopper bars on a full bodied scoot?

Pics of chops and their bars would also be of help. If anyone has some good piccies of the s1 scalloped hot rod could you post them up as well please?
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Hello know your name from the other channel,
I looked into this earlier in the year for a project thats now been shelved for the time been..
I was advised beedspeed do this sort of thing, loads of the chop lads have it so no reason it cant be used on a full body as I was going to do..be intrested to see what it looks like..
Good luck.
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
RICSPEED

a plate with bolt on bar clamps and a headset clamp bolted up underneath is all you need to mount any bars be they ace,straight or ape hangers though you going to need a gear change of sorts like the one mb do (and long cables)

ps............. give us a propper hello in the welcome section mate :frog:
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Fux

Ok, Ive said hello....

The thing is that i havn`t seen a chopper in the flesh and I am trying to get my head around what will look best on my TV2.

I see beedspeed have gear change thingies and throttle watsits, are they any good?

It looks easy enough to make a bracket and fit some mounts but is home made safe?

Oh, can someone pm me Big Al`s (diablomoto) e-mail addy please? As I need another one of his stunning tanks.
Dell Oughta

There's some images of the scoot you mentioned on this thread (I think there's one of your scoot on here too!):
http://scooterotica.org/tempforum/viewt ... 8&start=20

Also the chap that owns the S1, uses this site (username= Matthew)
Cheers

Mike
Fux

Actualy, I wrote a long post with pictures and you-tube vids but it vanished when I posted it.

It looks like he has used an MBD chopper bar bracket.
RICSPEED

this is basicly what you need ,best bet is to have a headset clamp lathed flat ,this is then bolted to a plate using the three holesthen drill and bolt on your bar clamps and thats it mate :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Fux wrote: I am trying to get my head around what will look best on my TV2.
Fux, what's on it now looks best. A set of drops might look OK, but chopper bars.. :o WTF are you thinking of. Get a grip, or failing that a curry burner that you can destroy.
corrado
Dealer

RICSPEED wrote:Image

this is basicly what you need ,best bet is to have a headset clamp lathed flat ,this is then bolted to a plate using the three holesthen drill and bolt on your bar clamps and thats it mate :D
Fux, if you did that to your TV I'd personally head up the LCGB lynch mod to come over to Norway and have you commited.
corrado
Dealer

This is Fux's S2 TV for those not familiar with it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information