Dems' da brakes

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Here's the front brake assembly off my Gp,only done a few miles, just not happy with the performance, comments please;

How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

I have the same problem. I have put new ones in my Lince, and brake worse than the other lammy that have with this breaks 2000 miles.
Maybe need more miles to break better?
coaster

I wasm looking at a post on here or the lcgb site recently on this very subject. Some dealers have a shoe trimming tool for profiling new shoes. The DIY method is to file away the high spots with a rasp or similar using chalk to indicate high spots. Takes time but does work apperently. I need to do this myself, useless rear brake on lammy but fantastic front and exactly the opposite on my T5 :roll:

Oh and beware if they have asbestos, you will need to take appropriate precautions i.e. get someone else to do it ;)
shocky

i had the same problem and used a longer actavating arm were it cam from i cant say as i dont know i fettle mine in the way discribed above the rear took about 2 hrs one shou need alot more than the other leading me to belive that the mounting oinion holes were not in line a common problem with indian cases
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
camel

i appreciate the out of true shoes but they should bed in with time,you can reverse pull a drum brake like the disc brake for a bit more power!
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Reverse pull is not recommended for drum brakes. They tend to be too sharp (read: vicous).

You'll do do well to file away at the highspots, re-fit and repeat. It might take three visits, but it should improve with (induced) wear.

Watch out for asbestos, though new shoes are asbestos free. Mind you, shoes haven't been the same since they took the asbestos out.
Martin
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Problem solved, I replaced the high priced italian shoes for some quality innocenti shoes- relined here in Australia and guess what?- now my front brakes work,quite well. ;)

Here is the offending..
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
scooterslag

Yep best use a old set of innocenti shoes with good old fashion asbestos in them :shock: if you can't get hold of any - a set of indian made Makino shoes will be just as good. Spent ages on my scoot trying to get the modern type to work ( filling down high spots etc) but to no avail. Tried a original set ( which wasn't too worn of course) and my brakes are spot on now 8-)
The mack daddy on the left!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information