Lammy running sh*te

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
J1MS

sean brady scooters wrote:is the needle secured in the slide properly........?
and not moving independantly.............only mention this as i,ve seen it done before producing similar results.........
Been there got the T-Shirt... :roll:
soullad
Dealer

Cheers guys,
Team S Team ..... Im almost sure I have, being the oval type it was only a case of right way round, plus went for the 33mm x 7mm studs from Mb so I could double nut them suckers!
Sean - clip is UNDER the securing plate, in its little recess with the top of the needle just poking thru the plate

Gonna try the X7, av264 with the 120 main ........and for once i really wanna hear pinking. If i don't then I'm afraid its a dyno asap.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Is it a new JL4 or second hand :?: , just thought if its used it could be blocked. Also when working on a poorly running bike you ought to try one thing at a time and if that doesnt work put it back to how it was before trying somthing else, otherwise you end up running round in circles, wish i practised what i preached :lol: .
soullad
Dealer

tried smaller pilot and x7 second clip from top and 120 main and still no difference
Looks like its engine out time...... :(
geedubu187

soullad wrote: Looks like its engine out time...... :(
I can recommend a good dvd for this ;) ;)
Why do my toys get more expensive the older I get?
sydduckett

I suspect that this is a combination of sprockets and diff exhaust. I had a NK mid on my RB but wouldnt pullin 4th. Tried a Jarspeed pipe with same sprocket set up, pulled in all gears but no power band...:( tried a JL3 this was same as Jarspeed, smoother through the range but not as quick. then changed sprockets to 18 x 57 and stuck the NK back on now pulls in 4th and still has power band....happy day.

I would do as previos poster suggested and try the Scootrs pipe again with the new sprocket set up, you may be surprised..

syd
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information