Series 1 hydraulic hose routing.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
leebeduff

Has anyone got photos of a Series 1 with a full hydraulic set up.
I know it needs to go down the horncast but not really sure where
the best place for the hole is.
Cheers Lee.
carlos fandango

Hi
Ive seen it go through the head set clamp bolt hole. ;)
you would need the thin braided hose with removable fittings though, the rubber ones would be no good.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
leebeduff

There doesn't seem to be much room, I could drill a hole by the throttle stop but the hose would hit on the chrome ring on full lock.
Thanks Carlos, I'll take another look.
Dell Oughta

Hi Lee
Here's my attempt
I opened up the hole a tad (I also cut away some of the ali inside the headset bottom, mainly the area to the rear of the throttle cable guide)

From memory, I think I did this without the nut on the headset bolt in situ. I think I then pushed the ignition switch wires through first (I extended the ignition wires and the light switch wires too, to give more reach to the bulb holder), All the other cables were put in situ, I then threaded the hydraulic hose through, contected it at the master cylinder end, I then put the headset nut on. (Also I didn't need to remove any of the ends of the hydraulic cable)

I've also changed the throttle roller from this one to a modfied gear roller (bigger and acts more like a quick action, idea knicked from jabba WKFA)

So in a nutshell its very tight for space, but do-able ;)

Mike
leebeduff

Cheers Mike, very tidy job.
Thanks for the photos.
Lee.
carlos fandango

That where ive seen it. :)

Also ive seen the hose go through the switch housing so no need to drill a 50 year old headset ;) I think it was a jason frost mod. this is what i will be doing on my original condition li 150 eibar for spain next year :D so i can put it back to original after ;)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

carlos fandango wrote:Also ive seen the hose go through the switch housing so no need to drill a 50 year old headset ;) I think it was a jason frost mod.
yep lovely job : http://forums.lcgb.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10338
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information