ScootRS part nearly killed me!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Massive warning to all of you with a ScootRS front Disc or anyone thinking of getting one...Don’t!!!!!!!!!!!. Was going along at about 55 coming up to a T-junction, went to pull in the front brake and it sheared off in my hand, had to use loads of rear brake and then swerve to miss a car. Straight into a water meter. Snapped damper bracket, cracked front rim, twisted forks and dented mudguard. I flew over the top multiple cuts, bruises, and a ruined coat and Lid. Have to say i s**t myself, could have been a lot worse as had just come off A12 and could have been under a lorry.

Gave ScootRS plenty of time to reply and they have just mugged me off, don’t give a toss. As you will see from the pics the front brake leaver has sheared off across the locator hole. When you consider how little pressure you put on one of these levers as there hydraulic it’s bloody scary. Only after it had nearly killed me did i get a good look at the lever. The hole is off centre with one side being a lot thinner than the other side and it weighs about as much as a rizla paper.

This company is selling products that are not fit for purpose and then trying to cover themselves by saying all levers are the same. Sorry mate but it isn’t good enough. They think they are safe coz there outside the EU and out of our Trading & Standards jurisdiction. I think we should do something to stop these P***s in there tracks. I for one will be posting this thread on as many forums as i can find and would appreciate any help any fellow scooterists can give.

We are not talking about a badge that doesn’t fit but one of the most important items on any scooter/bike and the bloke who runs ScootRS just shrugs it off....

Im out of pocket and on a right downer and it would cheer me up no end to know that this campaign of mine (is that the right phrase) causes him some not little discomfort

Cheers
Sef
shocky

ouch looks bad ,ive seen all makes of lever snap or crack and been asked to weld a few :? i,ll stick with my AJP one thanks
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
sydduckett

Was very bad and very scary. Not sure what is worse the damage that has been done or there couldnt give a monkies attitude. Oh well its gonna be there loss....

Sef
Soulpunk

its not the only life-endangering product on lambrettas...

many manufacturers are selling crap that it gets seriously countless.

-has any engineer properly tested those 3 different remade original type disc brakes ?

-steering / brakes / wheels : its forbidden by law in germany to use parts (e.g. bolts) made of stainless steel on vehicles, as shear forces can damage stainless steel stuff much easier and can lead to serious accidents. i do not understand why reputable dealers sell that stuff. incredible.

-wheel rims...dear oh dear...finally found some good standart ones from t.s. in italy for 20.- quit

-rear hubs: F.A.R. = some batches used to be russian roulette, nowadays a little better.

-genuine innocenti series 1 backplates = great for anorak-restos, but don´t forget then to
write the ABO-blood group on helmet and sidepanels
noggin1969

heres mine happened a few yrs back now but was told that they didn't use that type of calipar....strange that somebody must have swopped it in the post
Has a mind full of useless s**t and isn't afraid to use it !
Mel K

I had a lever snap on me a couple of months ago :shocking: luckily I was putting the scoot on it's stand outside a mates house having just been braking hard on the twisties on the way there. Mine was an old MB one which had done thousands of miles. I got a new lever from a local scooter shop which near enough mathes the profile of the original, fingers crossed it stays ok. Incidently, riding around without a front brake made me feel 16 again, only had to put me foot down once to assist an emergency stop ;)
Booby

Glad to hear you are alright, Only put it down in most useless parts the
other day. Takes your money & then dosent give a TOSS.
:twisted: :twisted:
Who holds the scooterotica Key.....Dan does! ;0)
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Only after it had nearly killed me did i get a good look at the lever.
I'm not having a go and I'm genuinely concerned, but routine checks and maintanence may have picked this up...but I can only go by what you post....
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

red ghost wrote:
Only after it had nearly killed me did i get a good look at the lever.
I'm not having a go and I'm genuinely concerned, but routine checks and maintanence may have picked this up...but I can only go by what you post....
I might be completely wrong here but wasnt it a brand new one seth you had recently bought?..I remember not long ago you asking about them and then missing out on the one Dan was selling on flea-bay..?
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
ArmandTanzarian

Serious stuff, but is that lever actually made by ScootRS or is it a generic Nissin part used on half the bikes in existance?
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information