Looking for TV190 wiseco thread

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shocky

CT. wrote:Just buy an alloy one and have it cleaned up / ported. You'll be glad someday that you did.
yea but weres the fun in that :idea:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
CT.

You can still have fun with an alloy cylinder ! I'm just saying that it's a bit of a shame to use the TV one itself when you could use a less hard to find item.....

I have a similar set-up on my SX150 which has a Mec TV type crank, clubman, Ts 185 piston, Harry Barlow ported alloy cylinder and a 2mm packer..... I painted the barrel black and it all looks fairly original (apart from carb) and is very smooth with a good spread of power.

My original SX cylinder is greased and up on the shelf for a one day maybe back to original rebuild... ...maybe ;)
shocky

CT. wrote:You can still have fun with an alloy cylinder ! I'm just saying that it's a bit of a shame to use the TV one itself when you could use a less hard to find item.....

I have a similar set-up on my SX150 which has a Mec TV type crank, clubman, Ts 185 piston, Harry Barlow ported alloy cylinder and a 2mm packer..... I painted the barrel black and it all looks fairly original (apart from carb) and is very smooth with a good spread of power.

My original SX cylinder is greased and up on the shelf for a one day maybe back to original rebuild... ...maybe ;)
ok i take your point on the cylinder thought you ment just buy a kit and bolt on
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information