VHSH 30 CS fitting tips?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tippo88

A friend of mine who is an experience go cart tuner suggested I try a VHSH 30 CS carb and that this might solve my issues with the current Mikuni. He brought a carb over to try and did a trial set up.
It certainly starts very easily and revs well. Didn't ride as didn't fit throttle cable etc.
A few minor fitting issues that I wonder if anyone who has run these carbs before can help with.
With the existing manifold and rubber the carb rubs on the top of the head cowl and the fuel tap rod rubs against the carb as per the photos.
Are there different manifolds or rubber available to sort this? Or any other tricks?
I guess a slightly longer rubber would do the trick, might be a bit close to the side panel then?
Thanks in advance any advice much appreciated.
It's a SR 185 small block btw
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Hi

This maybe of some use.

Lambretta Petrol (fuel) tap lever adjuster sleeve, stainless steel, MB
MRB0838
Stainless steel MB Petrol tap lever adjuster sleeve.

Multi adjustable to cure limitations from standard fuel taps, petrol tanks and carb position.

Simply cut off the little flat off your lever, set the petrol tap and lever position where needed to clear and work on all positions, mark the lever and drill a 1.5mm hole so the adjuster sleeve works.

tippo88

cgt75b wrote:Hi

This maybe of some use.

MRB0838
Stainless steel MB Petrol tap lever adjuster sleeve.

Multi adjustable to cure limitations from standard fuel taps, petrol tanks and carb position.

Simply cut off the little flat off your lever, set the petrol tap and lever position where needed to clear and work on all positions, mark the lever and drill a 1.5mm hole so the adjuster sleeve works.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information