SmartCarb

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/prod ... =smartcarb

Anyone running one of these on their scoots?? Expensive but have very good reviews. Better mileage (30% quoted), more power, cleaner revving and very easy to set up and can be adjusted without removing float bowl. Apparently you don't have to re-jet when at altitude as the carb compensates automatically. Used on lots of two stroke dirt bikes. There is a Youtube video to go with it. Now, while it's an expensive carb, if it is more economical as stated, then will pay for itself over a year of regular use. No more fiddling with various jets. For those doing long runs abroad and possibly up mountains, no more having to upjet.

Thoughts anyone ???
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
l111amo
Main scooter: Gp186

Think we’ve had this on here before .?
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

My thoughts....

The Americans do tend to pioneer engineering modifications for two stroke carburettors & there have been some good results. The EI & Lectron ranges were conceived in the USA & features of them resulted in Mikuni & Keihin adopting key points.

Currently, i notice the smartcarb versus Keihin PWK STIC metering block debates across USA user Forums.....

If i were in the position where I needed to select carburation, i would consider the 'numbers' & choices of progressive two stroke engine manufacturers. The Japanese & even Polini, have effectively bought into the PWK ethos & I doubt that would be a bad choice. Whilst Dell'Orto racing carburettors are widely used in certain sports, notably karting, in the case of classes for Rotax engines, that is due to homologation - another term for 'biased legislation'
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information