Rear Foot Brake Stub Circlip

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Treeman
Main scooter: GP 225 TS1

Hi,

The rear footbrake stub circlip grove is worn and the circlip wont stay on. I'm thinking of applying super glue before fitting a new circlip to see if this helps it stay put, but does anyone else have any ideas how to deal with this wear and tear?

I've tried a "R" clip but this wasn't successful. Thanks in advance.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Super glue would be too brittle and snap off, silicone may work, but a sure fix solution would be to drill and tap the face of the pivot then fit a loctited screw with a suitable washer or washers.
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

I used a junior hacksaw and recut the groove but also drilled and tapped the post just to be sure on my GP, six years later its still there
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

Mine was f@@ked, drilled and tapped. Brass washer to take up slack and a 50p coin on the end with a stainless m4 bolt through.
Other option is chop it off at the base, drill and tap to m8x1.25 and fit a brake shoe pivot pin which is the same diameter and has a circlip groove the right size 👌 slight bit longer but stick a washer in and its fine
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I cut the post off and used a brake shoe pivot. Like new and easy to replace should I need to.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Drill and tap a thread in the end and put a grease nipple and washer on it so it looks original
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information