Rear hub nut

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Simon lambretta
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special

Hi all,

I’ve just purchased a quality made ,rear hub nut.But when I went to tighten it up .There’s no thread left.At least 3mm.Yes I used the normal washer.And yes I am using torque wrench
db67

Try comparing it to the old nut if you have one available.
Simon lambretta

Hi,
The old nut is a pike nut, with unlimited thread. I just don’t understand. I bought it from a quality dealer.Where everything is British made
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

Simon lambretta wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:00 pm Hi,
The old nut is a pike nut, with unlimited thread. I just don’t understand. I bought it from a quality dealer.Where everything is British made
I'm not sure why you don't understand that some dealers will sell inferior goods, to the point of them being dangerous, whilst making claims to the quality.

You need to make the dealer aware & receive a full refund.

Recently, I read great claims about their own products from a dealer, reiterating that their sprocket drive bolt was the strongest available. Great.......If that bolt is too long, it bottoms out, preventing correct torquing & allowing the Cush drive cams to ride over one another.

BTW. The thread size is M16 x 1.5 & is common to the engine & suspension mounts. A couple of spare nuts can always be used to pull up the hub & even as a 'get-you-home' measure. Two nuts locked together is quite safe IMO.
neily03
Main scooter: Lambretta Li125

Simon lambretta wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:00 pm Hi,
That doesn't mean its good quality, its usually quite the opposite.
Simon lambretta

Hi all,
Phoned up the dealer today.It turns out they are faulty. Makes me reallly angry. They must have known it was faulty. I won’t be using the most expensive dealer ever again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information