Just a thought......

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
kevspeed

Recently had electronic ignition problems (now resolved), but would a standard points type flywheel fitted with a 'trigger' work with an external pick up and an electronic stator plate?
If so it could save a fair few quid on conversions by not having to buy an electronic flywheel🤔
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

A bloody good question!! The type of thing I wished I'd thought about. I can't see why a triggering device (such as a magnet which is the usual means) cannot be retrospectively added to any points based flywheel, dependent upon pick-up size & robustness.

Let's face it, converting a quality flywheel by adding a quality contactless triggering device could mean that an electronic ignition system could be as reliable as all the dreamers think it is!

I suspect that you are absolutely right, even though it may appear to be blindingly obvious.....or not.
YAMLAM

Yes......
Im sure i asked the question , and "the man said yes ".
just a shame i took all my old flywheels and stators up the tip. :(
win or lose have a booze
coaster

YAMLAM wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:10 pm Yes......
Im sure i asked the question , and "the man said yes ".
just a shame i took all my old flywheels and stators up the tip. :(
I'm sure Anthony did say that you could use points type flywheels with one of his external pickups and CDI, no need for any other form of trigger
coaster

kevspeed wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:15 am Recently had electronic ignition problems (now resolved),
What was the problem after all?
kevspeed

coaster wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:55 pm
kevspeed wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:15 am Recently had electronic ignition problems (now resolved),
What was the problem after all?
Changed flywheel🤔, possibly a dodgy magnet or two, not 100% sure but it works now😊
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information