Legshield spare wheel carrier

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
julius seizure
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Hi,

Does anyone know (or have experience) of fitting the Series 3 hook over type legshield spare wheel carrier onto a GP?

I have the Cuppini one with the 4 legs but that seems like a lot of weight pulling on those 4 screws

Just wondering what the best option is...
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

I have an inside legshield spare wheel carrier that hooks over the top of the legshields and secures at the bottom on two of the mudguard screws. It has split the legshields at the top which I am going to have to get welded up and resprayed unfortunately Too much vibration I think (mine's a SIL Injun, so the steel may be thinner/weaker).
I am going to change the carried for the one that uses four of the inside legshield fixing for the horn cast and front mudguard.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I fitted the type that doesn't hook over on a LI series 3 in 2015 and it's still going strong. I'm always worried that the hooks will damage the top of the legshields, although I've never seen them do that, so it's probably a bit daft of me.

I guess the conclusion here is that they're both pretty good.
julius seizure
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Dapper - thanks for the the heads up on the legshields splitting - you try to avoid a potential issue then one you didn’t think of happens! Sorry to hear that’s happened to you

Hendy - I’ll go for the 4 leg type then, thanks for letting me know it’s worked for you, you’re not daft at all to worry, part of the game with this things

I appreciate your help lads
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information