Rapido barrel kits.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
kevspeed

Hi all, just picked up a Rapido 200 kit, along with a 225 Rapido kit, so how do I tell if they are 'race' or 'road' versions??
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

I'm following this with interest as I have just removed a 225 which I always thought was a Classic but am now told all 225's were Race but still unsure about this.
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

I like the Rapido but am aware of their shortcomings, but the issues that I try to circumvent are the port timings.

Although AF appear to have graphics of port details for the RB's i am unaware of any for the Rapido. It might be worth asking them....

The way i see the best frame of mind to adopt with the Rapido is to forget about standard pistons & crankshaft strokes from the outset. Your own choice of piston will likely be something better than those supplied with kits, so that gives the opportunity to control the inlet duration for a start. Crankshafts of 60 mm stroke or over gives the benefit of being able to tweak blow-down via selection of transfer/exhaust port timing. Longer conrods are the best option too.

The Rapido is 'alright' despite the slagging off that it received from one particular dealer upon launch. Yes, alloy finning with an iron mass within is not as heat shedding as other kits, but I've ran race engines with scoop cooling & road with J range fans with no issues. However, I'm not quite daft enough to fit a Clubman exhaust with a puny tailpipe.... :roll:
kevspeed

Response from A.F..........................
hi Kev
difference between the two is the exhaust port is slightly larger on the race thats it
regards
mark
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information