Giulari Seat Covers

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
600d
Main scooter: Lambretta

Hi all thinking of having a new seat cover made I’ve seen a few trimmers that offer a bespoke cover but have seen Beedspeed supply bespoke covers in many colours - which would suit my bike! HOWEVER...I’ve heard so many bad reports about the company I’m reluctant to place an order especially when there is an estimated waiting time! I could be waiting for months even then I might not receive it!
Anybody got any recent experiences with them or other companies?
Cheers
600d
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Avoid Beedspeed like the plague! Still owe me a refund from over 12 months ago, which I know I will not get! Loads of posts on Facebook forums by people who have experienced crap service.
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

There's a pretty extensive thread on here regarding Beedspeed. Check it out.
A lot of the replacement seat covers sold by well known dealers are made in Vietnam. Worth looking at Saigon Scooter Centre run by Pat if you want a unique custom job. In my experience their covers are a good fit on Guillari frames and good value. Or buy one of theirs ready made from one of the well known dealers which they supply. I have a Guillari seat frame which I've just refurbished. Cost me a lot to do, but I'm just thinking about what seat cover to get. When looking at it, the seat and assembly is one of those items which is truly agricultural and weighs a tonne !! Crying out for a lightweight revamp (aluminium frame or similar).
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Bought a casa seat cover from buzzsolomoto in Halifax,it cost me a fortune,but you only buy once.He's got lots of seat covers and I suppose most of the dealers have.Shop around.
600d
Main scooter: Lambretta

Just spoke to an upholsterer and he says there should be a rubber surround underneath the pvc cover! There was nothing under mine although it was held together with gaffer tape! Anybody know of this and how where it fits?
TVM
600d
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Casa ones are good quality. They should all have a firm rubber type mat under the part where you sit. Pre- GP seats should also have a horsehair mat too. Armandos in Sheffield sell these.

As said before, avoid Beedspeed at all costs. Many good dealers stock the Casa seat covers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information