Lambretta Electric start

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Cootscoot
Main scooter: TV200

Who all makes the electric start kits for lambretta’s ? I can only find supertune ones which are pretty expensive
southernick
Main scooter: GP200

Tino has been making them. A chap near Sheffield has just had one fitted to his GP
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Have a look at fairspares scooters on facebook.
The guy who runs it has been experimenting with them, with a view to selling them.
Might be worth contacting him.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

The Spanish made them in the 80s.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i am considering if a can fabricate one for a future big bore high displacement engine that i am going to build, i wondered if anyone knows which direction piaggio liberty type 2t engines rotate, in other words do they run with the flywheel turning in the same direction as a lambretta (clockwise) if so i could use the starter motor and ring gear fitted to a lambretta flywheel and mag housing
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Holty,
Not sure if you have seen this, but perhaps its a starting point if you haven't.

http://scooterhelp.com/restorations/lis.elec.start.html
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

With or without an electric start, something I'm thinking about is a decompression valve.

I know that a hole can be drilled in the exhaust port area "that doesn't affect running" but I may be just too stubborn or stupid to adopt that measure.

Automatic decompression valves are available that utilise a spark plug thread, but I've 'stolen' a cable operated valve that was one of the spares in my Son's Raleigh Wisp based 'field bike' so next time I have the head off, I'll fit it somehow. The Wisp had a throttle twist grip that you turned in reverse to operate the valve which would be a good thing to copy.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:22 pm With or without an electric start, something I'm thinking about is a decompression valve.

I know that a hole can be drilled in the exhaust port area "that doesn't affect running" but I may be just too stubborn or stupid to adopt that measure.

Automatic decompression valves are available that utilise a spark plug thread, but I've 'stolen' a cable operated valve that was one of the spares in my Son's Raleigh Wisp based 'field bike' so next time I have the head off, I'll fit it somehow. The Wisp had a throttle twist grip that you turned in reverse to operate the valve which would be a good thing to copy.
a friend of mine used to have a wisp when we were kids used to ride it around the field next to his house, the decompressor ive got if off a chainsaw and very compact, i will have to make a mechanism to open the the valve, it self closes once the engine starts. to complicate the instalation the cylinder head is water cooled and doesnt hade a removeable dome, im hoping to drill a small 2mm hole right through the head, then weld a boss to the head to house the valve, thats the idea in my head, i have seen a zip starter ring, i am wondering if i could alter it to fit something like a sip vape and not using the fan as its a liquid cooled engine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information