Auto Lube System

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

I was reflecting on some of the incredible performance developments currently available. The choice of kits, cylinder types, carb set ups, ignition kits, etc. is amazing. But I also got to think about some of the other 'agricultural' and time bound aspects of Lambrettas. None more glaring in my mind than the prospect of mixing two stroke oil manually. I was lucky enough to once own a Cometa, not for long unfortunately as I sold it on for much needed cash at the time. It was the cutting edge of the Luna line as it had an auto lube system. Now maybe I've been living under a rock (I am in Western Australia after all), but I'm not aware of a fully proven auto lube mainstream conversion kit. Anyone know anything different?
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

It is a chore adding oil & ensuring accuracy so I agree with the desire for an autolube system. It might be feasible to mount a pump within the chaincase, subject to acquiring a complete system from a donor engine.

The (not so good or convenient!) alternative would be a system that allows accurate dosing from a refillable tank/bottle mounted somewhere like under a hinged seat with an in-line pump (the type you get on soft soap bottles) that squibbed a known amount, say 2 ml, direct into the tank via a small bore attachment to the tank.

As you can probably tell, I intend to apply such an idea to one of my own machines. I unearthed an old 60's/70's fibreglass hump backed race seat that will be ideal & will sheet the underside with aluminium to enclose any gubbins. I already have a cranked hinge for it that goes through the front of the frame fuel filler cutout & attaches to the scoop holes & a cable operated seat release, the operating lever of which will reside in the legshield toolbox.

I like your idea better though :mrgreen:
Cav

Wondering if any of the Vursper setups could be adapted or copied somehow. I think the PX models had auto lube systems.
patrick
Main scooter: gp ts1 225

I would be worried about any autolube system being able to deliver enough oil on a tuned scooter. On my twist and go used for racing we removed the autolube and used premix for this very reason.

Having said that my Aplillia RS250 had autolube and it was a lot faster than my scooter 😆
chris37
Main scooter: gp200

A quick search on here would show a divergence of opinion on oil ratio alone, never mind then finding a foolproof injection system.
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

I would say that the autolube system from a zip 50 would be possible to graft on
Cav

Doesn't seem like there is anything mainstream at the moment.............
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

There is no commercially available autolube system for retrofit to a Lambretta two stroke as far as I am aware.

The idea is feasible, but so is fuel injection. My guess is that a combination of the two might surface in the near future.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information