GT186 30mm Dell' Orto carb question

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

I also don't quite get why some of the kits which retain the left hand set up, don't fit. The suggestion by W /Tornado to use a PWK is a good one. I've had this set up on a previous Jet 200 and it was awesome. My current, old school set up is with a 30mm Delly and is a s close to what I had in 1974 and I have no clearance issues. And its reliable.
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

Just a thought (and I'm not familiar with the kit so it might seem dumb), but can't you use a different manifold which drops the carb down to a lower (normal) angle?
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

The GT kit retains the 30mm Left hand side carb and it fits in the space where the airbox was between tank and glovebox. All kits, not just the GT, do not accommodate the use of other non-standard fuel tanks cut outs either missing or in the wrong place. The reason the manifold kicks up is to provide clearance between float bowl and cowlings. This is required because the PHBH30 carbs have a bigger body than the PHBL25 carbs that are used on the smaller manifolds (these carbs are a bit too close and require the carb overflow elbow to be removed as it contacts the engine mounting on S3 engines). The options you have are 1. change to R/H manifold 2. change to 25mm manifold 3. Fit the standard tank (as per the original design intention) 4. Buy a long range tank with a carb cut out in the correct place
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information