sil 2 hole silent block

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tavspeed

hi chaps,got a pair of gp sil 2 hole silent blocks to fit for a mate,can any one confirm the orientation of the holes,cheers
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Flywheel side,holes fitted at 8 o'clock,and 10 o'clock.The kickstart side,10 o'clock and 1 o'clock.
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

HxPaul wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:40 am Flywheel side,holes fitted at 8 o'clock,and 10 o'clock.The kickstart side,10 o'clock and 1 o'clock.
Apart from the drive side being an hour different in elapsed time ( :?: ) where has this information come from?

The reason that I ask is that I have preferred the SIL solid-all-the-way-through mounts with the two holes for years & always fitted them wrongly by all accounts. Many of us that obtained them for racing tried to achieve symmetry with how the 'three holers' (Oooer!) were fitted as our best guess.

It would be good to have an accredited source of information, be it SIL or whoever......
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

just to back hxpaul up i have an engine on my work bench that has the same silent blocks with 2 holes ,i hadnt really taken any notice of where they were positioned but they are more or less exactly where he said 1 oclockish 10 oclockish hope this helps
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

correction 8 -10 kickstart 1-3 mag side
tavspeed

if we use the clock face as a reference,each hour is 30 deg,so 8-10 is 60 deg and 1-3 is 60 deg,but 10 -1 is 90 degrees!!,i would say the 2 holes are 60 degrees apart, think i will go with nick b,s,cheers
tavspeed

bgm say something about the crank is not on the centreline of the engine,so wants to twist the engine in the frame because of the centrifugal force,thats why they have the holes have to be in the correct position and the kickstart also wants to twist the engine when starting,,cheers
HxPaul

Hi.I used "The complete spanners manual" (orange manual) for information on Sil two hole silent blocks.
HxPaul

HxPaul wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:31 am Hi.I used "The complete spanners manual" (orange manual) for information on Sil two hole silent blocks.
The "Vulcan"brand Indian 2-hole engine mounts have softer construction.Sil fitted these with holes facing forward so that the kickstart side is at 2 and 4 o'clock and the flywheel side is at 8 and 10 o'clock.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Fit one at BST and the other at GMT. That would explain the extra hour.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information