Best Regulator?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

Headlight bulbs have been blowing. 12v Electronic, but not sure of origin as it was on the scooter when I purchased it and it's unmarked. It's a pretty reliable kit and scooter starts first time and runs well, just excessive current at the headlight bulb. After checking it out I'm pretty sure it's the regulator. Everything else is going ok, so I don't want to do anything other than replace it for now. Any recommendations?
firekdp

Cav wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:34 am Headlight bulbs have been blowing. 12v Electronic, but not sure of origin as it was on the scooter when I purchased it and it's unmarked. It's a pretty reliable kit and scooter starts first time and runs well, just excessive current at the headlight bulb. After checking it out I'm pretty sure it's the regulator.
If it's only the headlight blowing and not tail/brake lights etc as well, then it won't be your regulator at fault. Most likely a poor connection in the bulb holder, switch or wiring.
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

firekdp - I think you might be right. I jumped straight to the regulator conclusion because that's been the issue in the past, but now I've read your answer, stepped back and thought about it. The festoon bulb is not blowing and none of the others are. I'll put the multi meter on it when I get chance. Thanks for the sense check. Sometimes we can't see the wood for the trees.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information