Sip Alloy spare wheel

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

Whats the best way to fit a SIP tubeless rim onto an inside legshild carrier, sure i read something before but cant find it
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

essexgp wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:46 pm Whats the best way to fit a SIP tubeless rim onto an inside legshild carrier, sure i read something before but cant find it
Drill out the original bolts and fit longer ones
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

I am sure I have seen/read, that you can buy some sort of extension bolts. Not sure how they work, but I am sure someone will be along shortly who does!
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I used extended m8 nuts on my rear carrier which worked well. Go into amazon or ebay you will find plenty.
flipster

I tried the " extended nut " method but didn't like the look . (see old post viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40408&p=313405#p313405 )
I ended up as Toddy suggests drilling out the old studs. Longer studs can then be welded in. But as I don't have access to a welder I simply fit longer m8 bolts fixed with m8 half nuts. The half nuts allow the rim to fit closer to the carrier and so tighter to the leg shields .

Cheers.
P.N.D.S.C.
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

flipster wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:37 am I tried the " extended nut " method but didn't like the look . (see old post viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40408&p=313405#p313405 )
I ended up as Toddy suggests drilling out the old studs. Longer studs can then be welded in. But as I don't have access to a welder I simply fit longer m8 bolts fixed with m8 half nuts. The half nuts allow the rim to fit closer to the carrier and so tighter to the leg shields .

Cheers.
Thanks for that, i think thats the method im going to go for
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information