Af clutch

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Snapped clean off, anyone seen this before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

I certainly haven’t seen that before. Any ideas what caused it? Have you spoken to AF?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Is that the top plate whats off ? we had one in Austria at the Euro was rubbing on kick start shaft and gradually wore through it
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
LI150

I have not spoke with AF yet but I intend to as only discovered yesterday. You can buy this part separately so that makes me a little suspicious to begin with.
Toddy

LI150 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:19 am I have not spoke with AF yet but I intend to as only discovered yesterday. You can buy this part separately so that makes me a little suspicious to begin with.
you can buy the majority of the parts separate
LI150

Serious question, why sell a part that is no added benefit as it’s not an upgrade but replacement, unlike the rest of the clutch components, eg changing the basket for different teeth amounts or consumables as in plates and steels. IMO the only reason to sell replacement Bell is an acceptance that it could fail.
Toddy

LI150 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:47 pm Serious question, why sell a part that is no added benefit as it’s not an upgrade but replacement, unlike the rest of the clutch components, eg changing the basket for different teeth amounts or consumables as in plates and steels. IMO the only reason to sell replacement Bell is an acceptance that it could fail.
maybe but i I think most manufacturers of assembles make a selection of spares not necessarily for failure but wear and tear i know we do in the business were in
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

The centre with the alloy columns for the screws is also available as a spare... I've already needed 2 of them.
ulyssescale

These last 8 years!

That is a spectacular failure I wouldn't have considered. AF is usually really responsive by e-mail regarding their products. I seriously doubt they'd leave you out to dry.
A chicken ain't nothing but a bird.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information