Can I use a 5pin vespa regulator?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Davidsquaredson
Main scooter: Early Eibar Jet 200

feeds in are 1) unregulated AC in, 2) Regulated AC out, 3) DC out, 4) unregulated AC in, 5) ground.

My lambretta stator has 1 AC out for the regulator. Can I add a wire to it so it connects to both regualtor in puts or will this drop my watts?

Tx
David
firekdp

I can't think of any Vespa 5 pin reg with the connections you describe.
The 2 common 5 pins are marked G, G, +B, C earth and A, A, B+, G earth. The first one is suitable for a single output stator, the second isn't.
Davidsquaredson
Main scooter: Early Eibar Jet 200

Got it. This won't work on a lambretta but I have a couple of vespa I can put it on.

TxImage

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
carpe scooter diem

1974 Rally 200
1965 Li150
1963 TV175
1974 Eibar Jet200
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

i have been wondering the same as i have a dc bgm system [2 yellows etc] and a wassell but any inactivity gives me a flat battery ,any ideas?
firekdp

nick b wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:12 pm i have been wondering the same as i have a dc bgm system [2 yellows etc] and a wassell but any inactivity gives me a flat battery ,any ideas?
All batteries will self discharge slowly over a certain period, unless trickle charged, but if yours is going flat quickly then either the battery is failing or you have a current drain somewhere.
You can test for a drain, by removing the fuse and connecting an ammeter across the fuse holder. With the electrics all off there should be no discernable current flow.
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

cheers
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

firekdp wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:34 am I can't think of any Vespa 5 pin reg with the connections you describe.
The 2 common 5 pins are marked G, G, +B, C earth and A, A, B+, G earth. The first one is suitable for a single output stator, the second isn't.
Ok pretty well up on Lambretta DC running wassels but a mate has asked me to have a look at a Vespa he is building He has the standard 3 pin regulator at the moment and wants to use the battery tray and charge a battery. I told him he could use a 5 pin reg. first I was not aware they had the 2 types, I have not looked at his stator in detail but looks like a Lambretta one. Understand the AA in and out B= for a trickle charge to the battery what's the G or C as we already have a ground.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information