Gear changing difficulty

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Daggs

O/K I've put this in Lambretta tech because there is no section for Agrati Capri :D

It's a 125 Super, I've done a full restoration and she's ready for the road, except....

It has a peculiar gear selection problem that I just can't resolve.

If I ride it as normal, changing gear is difficult to impossible, But, if I crash change the gears (not using the clutch) it changes perfectly !!!!!!

I've had the gearbox out twice and can find nothing wrong. Today I spent hours jiggling with the clutch, but it still won't work properly.

Any ideas recieved gratefully.
Daggs

Daggs wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:17 pm O/K I've put this in Lambretta tech because there is no section for Agrati Capri :D

It's a 125 Super, I've done a full restoration and she's ready for the road, except....

It has a peculiar gear selection problem that I just can't resolve.

If I ride it as normal, changing gear is difficult to impossible, But, if I crash change the gears (not using the clutch) it changes perfectly !!!!!!

I've had the gearbox out twice and can find nothing wrong. Today I spent hours jiggling with the clutch, but it still won't change gear properly.

Any ideas recieved gratefully.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information