Piston circlips.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
kevspeed

Hi all,just a quick question.
I have misplaced the piston circlips for my 57.8 Vertex piston,they have fallen out of the box at sometime over the past 5 years,so im a bit stuck as i dont know if they were the usual 'Seeger',flat type circlips,or the wire type :( :( ,anybody know which replacements i should buy?
thanks in advance.....Kev
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

I do not know what sort should apply, but in any case, use a magnifying glass or needle to 'feel' the groove profile.

If they are to suit a 16 mm wrist pin, I probably have spares of either type you can have. But do please check first :D
gaz_powell

Vertex are usually wire type either the G or looped ends
kevspeed

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:17 pm I do not know what sort should apply, but in any case, use a magnifying glass or needle to 'feel' the groove profile.

If they are to suit a 16 mm wrist pin, I probably have spares of either type you can have. But do please check first :D
Thanks for that,i had a poke around and luckily had an old Borgo piston to hand that i could compare. It does feel slightly different,so i may be looking at wire type clips.
kevspeed

gaz_powell wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 pm Vertex are usually wire type either the G or looped ends
It looks very much like it,having compared the grooves to a piston fitted with the flat 'Seeger' type clips 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information