Is there any such thing as?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Decent brake light switch, where from please? I’ve got several laying around, and they’re all rubbish. Thanks in advance Pete.
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

Two of mine have brake light switches from scooter restorations, not had a problem with either since I fitted them a few years ago

Touch wood!
gaz_powell

Ive always done alright with SR aswell, but in stock for rainy day I have a scootopia which is unused but looks okay - should really try it …..
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

+1 for the SR one also fitted the MB ones which seem to be a nice bit of kit
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Thanks chaps.
Lukemx82

I found the Norton / BSA type inline brake switches that they use on the old british bikes to be much better quality that the Vespa PX style ones.

This type switch also allowed me to run the thicker 2.5mm diameter BGM superstrong front brake cable, it wouldn't of fit through the PX style switches, and my drum brake works really well with this thicker cable.

They are a bit larger in size though, so I fit mine under the horncast rather than inside the headset where it would have been a bit of a squeeze.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Just a thought, are you sure it's set right and the stop is hitting the frame strut before the switch bottoms out?
Lukemx82

Lukemx82 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:11 pm I found the Norton / BSA type inline brake switches that they use on the old british bikes to be much better quality that the Vespa PX style ones.

This type switch also allowed me to run the thicker 2.5mm diameter BGM superstrong front brake cable, it wouldn't of fit through the PX style switches, and my drum brake works really well with this thicker cable.

They are a bit larger in size though, so I fit mine under the horncast rather than inside the headset where it would have been a bit of a squeeze.
Completely misread the original post and thought you were talking about adding front brake switches.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information