Recommend me a chaincase helicoil kit

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Hi, I’ve a couple of chaincase studs that require helicoil to recover them. Any recommendations of decent helicoil kit ?

Thanks
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

My own kits range from M5 up to spark plug size & have mostly been genuine Helicoil which came up for sale @ the right prices. I think my M7 kit is V coil which has also been as good as Helicoil branded.

I've bought replacement inserts from eBay which were fine in the M5 size. They were made in China.

You will find bargains on eBay which will also have been made in China. I think that if you can buy from a UK based supplier, it will be more quickly received, though a bit more expensive.

In fact, I had a look on eBay but the only thing that would put me off is the insert length. They seem to all come with 1.0 D inserts which is only 6 mm for an M6. If I'm repairing threads in alloy, I want the longest insert that will fit or a minimum of 1.5 D. In the case of M6 that is 9 mm, which still isn't a lot, but should be fine.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information