Jerez 22 leaking

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fudgy
Main scooter: Lambretta gp

Had my carb off a few times and replaced the float chamber gasket.
Can't seem to stop it leaking. Bike runs fine.
Better gasket material maybe?
Fudgy

Sorry Jetex 22
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Hi

Check that the float pin is fully seated this is critical on Jetex carbs.

Or the other method is chuck the fecking thing in the bin 😎

And buy a decent replacement/Dellorto.
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

Fudgy wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:58 am Had my carb off a few times and replaced the float chamber gasket.
Where did you get your gasket from? I got some from Glasgow Lambretta couple of years ago, seem slightly thicker and more forgiving, cured my leak on a jetex
Fudgy

essexgp wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:48 pm
Fudgy wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:58 am Had my carb off a few times and replaced the float chamber gasket.
Where did you get your gasket from? I got some from Glasgow Lambretta couple of years ago, seem slightly thicker and more forgiving, cured my leak on a jetex

I must have read your mind.Just ordered one from there before I read your post.
Cheers.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Is it leaking from the gasket seal or running down the carb when the engine is not running. All the jetex carbs I have had the gasket is not the problem its the float or needle not stopping the flow when full. Check the float has a bit of play sideways on the pin. they are often a tight fit between the 2 posts and running a file down each side to get a bit of movement will help. 2nd run a drill bit down the hole that the pin fits through the float again to stop it sticking. Next, the needle should be a red tip not black, bit hard to compare without an original one but I had some needles that are a bit short so they don't turn off. Someone Im sure will correct me but the Jetex ones are not the same as the Delorto ones
Fudgy

Monty wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:51 pm Is it leaking from the gasket seal or running down the carb when the engine is not running. All the jetex carbs I have had the gasket is not the problem its the float or needle not stopping the flow when full. Check the float has a bit of play sideways on the pin. they are often a tight fit between the 2 posts and running a file down each side to get a bit of movement will help. 2nd run a drill bit down the hole that the pin fits through the float again to stop it sticking. Next, the needle should be a red tip not black, bit hard to compare without an original one but I had some needles that are a bit short so they don't turn off. Someone Im sure will correct me but the Jetex ones are not the same as the Delorto ones
Done all that and checked 3 times.Everything is loose and it's the red tipped needle.
It's only leaking in one area not all the way round.
Not taken the carb off and fitted the new gasket as yet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information