casa 265 ST

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

hi ,
thinking of investing in a casa 265 ST while RLC have the 10% discount , and when exchange rate is more favourable as its gone up over £100 in couple of weeks .

just looking for honest opinions from anyone who has bought one of these engines . im looking to go with the box pipe an 28mm carb version .

cheers for any info .
Bufficus

I got mine the back end of last year and I absolutely love it.
I went for the partially built option but added a cyclone and the new Ducati ignition.
I run mine with an LTH clutch which seems smoother and softer than the Casa option. (compared to my two mates with them)
Mine is running through a Dellorto 30mm VHSH and their Super Clubman box pipe. The torque is amazing.
The 4.2 final drive ratio (21x46) I have gives me 85mph at 7000rpm and will pull 5th from 40mph easily.
Fuel consumption is pretty good too. I'm getting 12 miles to the litre at 65mph.
I have a TS1 253 and an RB 230, the SST is far better.
wintermod65

thanks for info , its to go in my resto custom S2 winter model

looking at the 28mm option so wont have chop holes in panels as its custom painted and has panel embellishers too .
im going for fully built version as current engine was bought as parts , gt240 kit , gt casings sx box bgm v4 30mm phbh . its had seizure problems from day one around 45 mph around 3rd gear 4th change point .
its been back at restorers (discodezs) since last november having issues looked at ,been told barrel sent to R.Taylor to be checked if in spec , no leaks carb jettin ok , ignition timing ok so nothing obvious causing issue .
so basically ive written this engine off as a bad choice an will break for parts to recover some cash . just want something thats designed top to bottom to work together an the SST fits that i know these cost a few quid but when youve spent what i have you just want something that works out of the box
wintermod65

ps im pants at posting images but if google discodez go to images pic of s2 winter harley blue with rally master style stripes is mine
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

wintermod65 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:53 pm thanks for info , its to go in my resto custom S2 winter model

looking at the 28mm option so wont have chop holes in panels as its custom painted and has panel embellishers too .
im going for fully built version as current engine was bought as parts , gt240 kit , gt casings sx box bgm v4 30mm phbh . its had seizure problems from day one around 45 mph around 3rd gear 4th change point .
its been back at restorers (discodezs) since last november having issues looked at ,been told barrel sent to R.Taylor to be checked if in spec , no leaks carb jettin ok , ignition timing ok so nothing obvious causing issue .
so basically ive written this engine off as a bad choice an will break for parts to recover some cash . just want something thats designed top to bottom to work together an the SST fits that i know these cost a few quid but when youve spent what i have you just want something that works out of the box
Surprised your giving up on the GT240 kit after just a couple of seizures , once run in they are a good kit but being cast do require careful running in , has it been on a dyno as every motor is an individual and will require different jetting , is the fly cowl a good close fit to the fan giving maximum cooling ?
Im sure these issues can be resolved !
Muttley McLadd

Mrnice71 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:59 pm
Yup.. but a problem can be resolved by chucking even more money at it.

The bright side is, someone will get a barely worn GT barrel for next to nothing, because there's something wrong with it.

Win/win :lol:
CakeAndArseParty
wintermod65

wintermod65 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:53 pm thanks for info , its to go in my resto custom S2 winter model

Surprised your giving up on the GT240 kit after just a couple of seizures , once run in they are a good kit but being cast do require careful running in , has it been on a dyno as every motor is an individual and will require different jetting , is the fly cowl a good close fit to the fan giving maximum cooling ?
the gt engine was run in carefully just doing 5 mile runs mostly to work an has over 1000 miles on now . its seized a lot more than a couple of times thats why it went back to the dealer that built it before the engine went terminal i cant keep taking the scooter back an forwards to them if the issues persist as they are in worcestershire an im in suffolk . i also know of a couple of others that are having similar issues despite different carb , pipe ,gearbox choices
sometimes you have to cut your losses , ive already looked into other options (see my mugello 240 post on here ) but cost of changing kit pipe crank means i will have spent the equivilent of a SST engine . so i might as well just buy the SST engine thats why i posted im not looking for solutions for the GT engine just reviews from owners of SST 's
wintermod65

Muttley McLadd wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:46 am
Yup.. but a problem can be resolved by chucking even more money at it.

The bright side is, someone will get a barely worn GT barrel for next to nothing, because there's something wrong with it.

il more than likely exchange problems ! but at least i wont be seizing !!

Not just a barrel , GT kit comes with head reedblock and crank too!

Win/win :lol:
kejj

Strange. If someone can tour Europe on the same specs another one can’t leave their house then a new kit won’t solve the root cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

kejj wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:52 pm Strange. If someone can tour Europe on the same specs another one can’t leave their house then a new kit won’t solve the root cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly , l think theres an air leak somewhere ,a proper leak down test should be done !
Your in Suffolk why dont you take it to SG engineering , im sure Stuart will sort it out .
So buying a SSR265 motor will give you trouble free riding , some guys have had loads of probs with them motors also , biggest rip off out imho , and they dont perform as they claim they do , stick with it and get someone to look at it who has a proper workshop & dyno facility .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information